Can a Spouse Do 90 Day Report?

Can one spouse do the 90 day report for the other?

If this is possible is it possible even if it is the 1st report on a non-immigrant B?

And, what documents other than the typical 90 day report documents are needed? Marriage license?

Any others?

Thanks

You can even do the 90 day report by registered mail. Dont have to send your wife or someone else.

Notification by registered mail
  1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    - front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
    - current visa
    - last entry stamp of immigration
    - last extension of visa
  2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
  4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don't forget to sign name.)
  5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
    Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION,
    IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
    Chalermprakiat Government Complex
    120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
    LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Notice :
    - Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
    - Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
    - Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
    - Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
    - Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

Edited by SoFarAndNear

Sure, Hubby and I do them for each other all the time.

Once an Immigration officer asked Hubby if I was in the country. His response: (holding my passport): I'm pretty sure she's in our condo doing homework for her Thai language class. How can she leave when Thailand when I have her passport.? Then he switched into the little bit he knows to say I know more Thai than he does. And that I waste much time studying Thai.

I think you get the gist.

They like to strike up a chat, to pass the time, with people who might be proficient in the Thai language. 90 days reports are very straightforward. No need to revel at too much.

The specifics from the Immigration website.

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
  2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
  3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
  4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.
  5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

AFAIK, you can always have another person or spouse submit a 90-day report for you, no matter where you live/what Immigration office you're reporting to.

However, unless things have changed, the mail-in reporting is only available at some Immigration offices, including Bangkok for certain. Last time I heard on this subject, a lot of Immigration offices elsewhere do not accept mailed-in reports.

Anybody can do the 90 day report on your behalf, i have a few friends who use a friendly thai give them a couple of hundred or so for fag money etc, and everybody happy.

Warning though never trust anybody with your passport.

also beg to differ concerning timescale allowed for reporting.

You must file this report within 7 days before, or 7 days after, your 90-day period expires, and not 15 before as 1 op posted.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

Anybody can do the 90 day report on your behalf, i have a few friends who use a friendly thai give them a couple of hundred or so for fag money etc, and everybody happy.

Warning though never trust anybody with your passport.

also beg to differ concerning timescale allowed for reporting.

You must file this report within 7 days before, or 7 days after, your 90-day period expires, and not 15 before as 1 op posted.

It has been 15 days early for over 2 years now. See:http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

For mailed-in reports, the current requirement as noted on the webpage Joe linked above is to drop in the mail AT LEAST 15 days before the actual due date.

For in person reporting, they give you the window of 15 days before to 7 days after your due date. No such window for mailed reports.

Notice :
- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK