Blackberry still in Thailand?

davejones76

Before I had a blackberry. It worked fast especially the email part. OK Blackberry went down under and I was advised to purchase a Samsung S3. The device is slowly, hangs, and is hard to switch between the APPS. To the point,

1. does anyone know what device is out there suitable for heavy load performance in APP numbers and emails but still have speed and don't screw up all the time.

2. does anyone know if Blackberry still supported in Thailand

3. if so where can I buy a new Blackberry as I miss the convenience it had

Any tips, advise welcome.

Thanks

1. Blackberry still exists as a company and sells both phones and SW. They are still strong in the business area with their new 10-line and the "secure workspace" options that you can install on most other smartphones and tablets and the are still strong in the private area in Asia, as Asians generally like the BBM (blackberry messenger).

Speed has nothing to do with the brand, but with the processor in the phone for one and second with the network capability of the provider. Been in Thailand with both my Blackberry 10 and my HTC M8 and both had similar speed with the right provider connection. if you happen to be in a 2G-only area (of which many still exist in Thailand), then both phones are slow and have issues downloading and syncing mails, but that is completely independent of the phone type.

you can buy blackberry in every decent electronics store that is not brand specific.

The wife and I have Samsung S4s and they are fast, don't hang, and switch between apps smoothly....one of my close in-laws has a S3 and loves it. You might want to do a Factory Reset on your S3 and give it another try. Or maybe you are using some custom ROM that don't agree with the S3. Buying a couple kilo's of Blackberrys might be a better value than buying a Blackberry phone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

been waiting a long time for the passport to come to thailand officially...now i see them on lazada from as low as 17,299.. brand new.. however.. no warranty (which bugs me)...

guess i'll keep waiting and see what what happens... life is horrid now.. gone through a couple of androids and.. not a fan of the iphones...

The passport will continue to run the awesome bb10 is, however BlackBerry will also release a couple of android based handsets.

Probably to capture a slice of the android market and just put the brand back into peoples hands. Who knows once consumers are comfortable with blackberry again their next phone may be running bb10 or newer.

Smart marketing strategy if you ask me.

But I'm a longtime fan boy... So I am probably biased and hopeful.