American hot dogs across highline between Bangkok skyscrapers

webfact

American hot dogs across highline between Bangkok skyscrapers
By Coconuts Bangkok

andylewis.jpg?itok=ByBSKriB

BANGKOK: -- Stuntman Andy Lewis set a world record for the longest slackline walk as he traversed a highline slung between two Bangkok skyscrapers yesterday.

Balancing on a thin rope 55-stories above Bangkok traffic, Lewis, 27, took just over an hour and five minutes to walk 169 meters from the offices at Central World building to the Centara Grand Hotel [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/07/24/american-hot-dogs-across-highline-between-bangkok-skyscrapers

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-07-24

Balancing on a thin rope 55-stories above Bangkok traffic, Lewis, 27, took just over an hour and five minutes to walk 169 meters from the offices at Central World building to the Centara Grand Hotel [read more...]

Slow walker wink.png

rush hour

Slow walker

He'd fit right in on the Asoke skywalk around lunch.

Wow, that is <deleted> amazing. Not sure why people get angry and wanna call the guy stupid, "GoDdAmMiT bOy StOp BeInG wEiRd AnD dRaWiNg So MuCh AtTeNtIoN tO yOuRsElf". Hell, he made. It's cool stunt.

To the critical peanut gallery: You get up and do it. In fact, just try standing on the edge of building and looking down. Or I guess you can just continue to scold him like a fat man sprawled out on a couch cursing professional athletes for not performing as desired.

I wonder how the cops and security guards reacted to his stunt.

Too bad it was so windy. Applause to the guy for going out there in the wind.

Here's another link for the dead one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZqfF8BARtI

Wow, that is <deleted> amazing. Not sure why people get angry and wanna call the guy stupid, "GoDdAmMiT bOy StOp BeInG wEiRd AnD dRaWiNg So MuCh AtTeNtIoN tO yOuRsElf". Hell, he made. It's cool stunt.

To the critical peanut gallery: You get up and do it. In fact, just try standing on the edge of building and looking down. Or I guess you can just continue to scold him like a fat man sprawled out on a couch cursing professional athletes for not performing as desired.

I wonder how the cops and security guards reacted to his stunt.

Too bad it was so windy. Applause to the guy for going out there in the wind.

Here's another link for the dead one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZqfF8BARtI

and what did this little stunt accomplish - hopefully no kids see and think it's a good idea to go out on their balcony and emulate him.

Yo ... It is not a tight rope that you might see in a Vegas act, it's a slack rope. Not only does he need to stay balanced on the rope, the rope is moving beneath him. He's got a set of gonads that can bend time and space.

I was watching this for a while from the Central World walkway between Chit Lim and Siam BTS stations. In fact, the guy was tethered, I.e., had a safety line. He lost balance repeatedly and fell from the wire and was dangling a few feet down from the wire and had to clamber back up. I got bored of watching after a while because it was all so slow and he just looked like a stickman up there. But it wasn't nearly as dangerous as it looked in the pictures. If he had been walking without a safety line he would have been dead after a few minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I get sweatky hand by simply watching the video. I don't really know if this is utter stupidity or bravery. Unnecessary risk it is, that's for sure, with or without slack / safety line... hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

Adrenalin junkie with fame needs. oc

Kudos to the guy. It wasn't the fact that he walked across the tightrope, it's that he had the guts to take that second step onto the rope. Try to imagine standing on that ledge and looking down and seeing a rope no thicker than your wrist, and thinking, I have to put one foot on that, and then make the most scary decision of my life ... to put my other foot onto it. Excellent entertainment, even if the Walendas do it better.