Adjusting to Thailand

musicindustry

Hi! I am a young american on business in Bangkok Thailand for 2 months and having a little trouble adjusting. Here on my own developing my entertainment company and very friendly. Any advice you have for me to settle in and get moving would be greatly appriciated. Thanks a lot :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do what I did, shag yourself silly for the first 6 weeks or until it gets boring bedding different women and then settle down to a normal life as you would anywhere else

Thats pretty much how it went for me.

I moved straight into Pattaya. I had no idea what was to great me. but was emptying a load within 30 minutes of arrival. !!

• Like 2

How long are you staying for and you state you have been here two months already? What in particular is difficult to adjust to? What type of music or entertainment are you into for work?

BTW...don't expect too much from peoples responses. You will probably get some "if you cant adjust, get the hell out of here" viewpoints and what not.

do what I did, shag yourself silly for the first 6 weeks or until it gets boring bedding different women and then settle down to a normal life as you would anywhere else

haha I hear thats a great way to adjust ;)

I'm sure your Music Buddies will show you how to party. Just be a rock star for 2 months you won't regret it.

Planning on it brother!

How long are you staying for and you state you have been here two months already? What in particular is difficult to adjust to? What type of music or entertainment are you into for work?

BTW...don't expect too much from peoples responses. You will probably get some "if you cant adjust, get the hell out of here" viewpoints and what not.

Its my second day. Here alone living in Din Daeng 7500/month apartment. Employees coming next month so we'll have to get somewhere bigger. Just need to learn Thai I suppose. I'm a dance music/nightlife CEO from NYC and also a performer and I have a big fan base already built in thailand as well as a thailand division of the company so I'll be in demand for performances for next month.

Every english speaker I talked to was very wise and informative here which is why I'd like to learn from you guys, you're all probably more experienced than the people I've met so far.

Spoken like a true veteran. clap2.gif

Hi 5 to that Soutpeel,

I want my rose tinted glassed back !

:-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Virtually everyone in the music biz/club scene will speak English very well. You shouldn't have any problems.

seeing as he is new to Thailand maybe he would be interested in purchasing a TGAU ?

I think he should invest in one, to make sure he fits in

Virtually everyone in the music biz/club scene will speak English very well. You shouldn't have any problems.

seeing as he is new to Thailand maybe he would be interested in purchasing a TGAU ?

What good is a Welsh education cert to him?

• Like 1

having a little trouble adjusting

Really?? On your second DAY ??!!

OK well I don't mean to be blunt but his isn't a place for needy people.

Bangkok is kindest to those who are self-reliant, independent and capable of being alone for extended periods of time.

Don't rush into any friendships or relationships here.

A ridiculously high proportion of tossers here ESPECIALLY in the scene you're involved in.

Here - more than any vices you may have - the company you keep can be your biggest weakness

• Like 2

What good is a Welsh education cert to him?

It will take him places he never dreamed of

• Like 1

Bangkok is kindest to those who are self-reliant, independent and capable of being alone for extended periods of time.

A ridiculously high proportion of tossers here ESPECIALLY in the scene you're involved in.

Here - more than any vices you may have - the company you keep can be your biggest weakness

All personal experiences dear boy ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thank you. And I see the younger crowd mostly speak some english too.

You will see the troubles adjusting here are nothing against the troubles adjusting when you go back.....

Haha missing all the parties in bangkok?

Just went from NYC to bats and wild animals outside and some in my apartment lol. I think maybe its just cause I live in the native part of thailand instead of a tourist area?

I think maybe its just cause I live in the native part of thailand instead of a tourist area?

Din Daeng LOL, crumby 7,500 baht per month apt, ROFL.

Sack whoever booked you in there.

Wouldnt be letting the Ratchada/Thong Lor Or RCA groupies know where you live, heck they probably live in better areas and apts their sponsors provide.

I can think of many adjectives to use to describe Din Daeng, native wouldnt be one, heck even the Thais laugh at the name.

If thats your photo, its a bit passe, the Thais favour the KPop look these days.

I think maybe its just cause I live in the native part of thailand instead of a tourist area?

Wouldnt be letting the Ratchada/Thong Lor Or RCA groupies know where you live, heck they probably live in better areas and apts their sponsors provide.

I can think of many adjectives to use to describe Din Daeng, native wouldnt be one, heck even the Thais laugh at the name.

If thats your photo, its a bit passe, the Thais favour the KPop look these days.

That's probably it. I knew it! LOL. Wasn't sure if Thailand was mostly like this area. I was planning to relocate by next month after we get the next investment. People said I should go to Soi 11. Not sure where to get a place without wild animals for a normal price. All I'm really good at is business and partying lol.

No the pic isn't me but I'm italian/puerto rican. Added a Thai edge to my appearance lately and loving it. I want a motorcycle thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

Being a newbie to the Forum and Thai Visa ... we want to take care of you.

Especially since you joined today and have asked us questions already.

Since you are in the Music Industry and there is an example (Elvis) in this media below ...

musicindustry ... do you know how to wai correctly?

wai_and_sawasdee1.jpg

Since you are in the Music Industry and there is an example (Elvis) in this media below ...

wai_and_sawasdee1.jpg

Thank you! Ah ok I see. So the hands should be in the center of your chest and nod your head down.. is this what I should do to say thank you to drivers and food personel? Or how about normal Thai men/women?

wai_and_sawasdee1.jpg

Thank you! Ah ok I see. So the hands should be in the center of your chest and nod your head down.. is this what I should do to say thank you to drivers and food personel? Or how about normal Thai men/women?

You need to Wai everyone, even foreigners if you really want to fit in. Often stopping by a spirit house and giving it a Wai is also acceptable, the locals in Din Daeng will appreciate it.

• Like 2

wai_and_sawasdee1.jpg

You need to Wai everyone, even foreigners if you really want to fit in. Often stopping by a spirit house and giving it a Wai is also acceptable, the locals in Din Daeng will appreciate it.

Dont forget the security guards, janitory workers etc very important for face in Thailand

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Dont forget the security guards, janitory workers etc very important for face in Thailand

I was doing it a little before now I will always do it for everyone. It's great to be nice to people here they smile and are always nice back.

• Like 2

The locals are only negative about Din Daeng Flats but the area is much bigger and basically stretches all the way east up to Suttisan left from Ratchada.

Most groupies live actually in this area and it's not that bad. Mostly working class, taxi drivers, office workers, massage parlor workers etc.

All personal experiences dear boy ?

No.

You?