Adjusting to Thailand

musicindustry

Ok well there are bats and all sorts of wild animals outside and my room has lots of bed bugs that are constantly biting leaving welts on my body and many other infestations and pods all over the walls. The bugs are even in the cracked broken bathtub when trying to take a bath and in the rusted toilet which looks unsanitary. Also no one here speaks english at all so the only way i can communicate is with body lanugage and I cant read anything since almost nothing is written in english here. Is there a better place to live for a normal price that won't have the bug problems and maybe just a few english speakers? Or how can I try to cope?

I ask for you to give me constructive advice since I really want to learn to be here I have a great opportunity here to do something good for people. Thank you.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok well there are bats and all sorts of wild animals outside and my room has lots of bed bugs that are constantly biting leaving welts on my body and many other infestations and pods all over the walls. The bugs are even in the cracked broken bathtub when trying to take a bath and in the rusted toilet which looks unsanitary. Also no one here speaks english at all so the only way i can communicate is with body lanugage and I cant read anything since almost nothing is written in english here. Is there a better place to live for a normal price that won't have the bug problems and maybe just a few english speakers? Or how can I try to cope?

I ask for you to give me constructive advice since I really want to learn to be here I have a great opportunity here to do something good for people. Thank you.

Head down to Sukhumvit Road ask a Taxi to take you to the Nana Hotel. Opposite you will find Nana Plaza. Use this as base camp.

• Like 2

Head down to Sukhumvit Road ask a Taxi to take you to the Nana Hotel. Opposite you will find Nana Plaza. Use this as base camp.

A perfectly valid suggestion, the OP is involved in the music industry, it may well be his instrument of choice is the organ or pink flute, the YMCA on Silom may be a better choice.

• Like 1

having a little trouble adjusting

Really?? On your second DAY ??!!

OK well I don't mean to be blunt but his isn't a place for needy people.

Bangkok is kindest to those who are self-reliant, independent and capable of being alone for extended periods of time.

Don't rush into any friendships or relationships here.

A ridiculously high proportion of tossers here ESPECIALLY in the scene you're involved in.

Here - more than any vices you may have - the company you keep can be your biggest weakness

^ Spot on specifically the point about a "Ridiculously high proportion of tossers here ESPECIALLY in the scene you are in"

It all seems so glamorous and easy pickings. The nightlife, the cheap alcohol and beer( btw the beer is not cheap and the top shelf booze you see has been watered down or cheap stuff put in brand name bottles but that's a different story), the ease of meeting women( Its easy for a reason and trust me you can have a ring in your nose in no time and not even know it). You are gonna meet some real cheese balls in your line of work.

Good Luck, Welcome aboard. Will enjoy hearing back from you after you are up and running.

BTW BADDAT couldn't you afford a better avatar. I'd hate to see your real car.

I think that is his real car, believe he is trying to get some money together to buy a second hand "motocy" engine to put in it thumbsup.gif

but at the moment needs to power it like Fred Flintstone... yaba daba doo

Its a 1972 Datsun 510 powered by a 4.3L Lexus V8. It is one of a few cars and motorcycles I own..not that has anything to do with this thread....

Maybe if you guys had a hobby like building a project car or something then you would spend less time trying to insult other posters for their avatars.

So after it's finished it's going to look like this? I think it will impress a lot of Thais.

while way off on a tangent from the OP thread, why you guys bagging on 1BADDAT? Why do you think he is building it to impress Thais? This is a hobby or a project. These cars were exceptionally fast little cars and handled very well. Many SCCA autocross raced them. I had a 71 510 and tuned up the factory motor with weber carbs and it flew. I wasn't trying to impress anybody. Just go fast on winding roads.

If you follow up on this 1BADDAT, Nice ride. What is the weight difference of the Lex motor over the L18 I4 motor?

Good Youtube clip here on the car.

• Like 1

Thanks guys who gave real input nice and constructive to me!

The enthusiastic expat recap 1:

I went to Soi 11 Friday night and had meetings with the bigger nightclub owners there. I made strong connections with them for bookings and events this upcoming month. Afterwards I just went to a random street bar and met two really cool guys from France that were connected with the DJ scene here in Bangkok. We went to a private party where I met the DJs and also found a Movie Producer/DJ that is going to shoot the video that I came here for in exchange for my connections in NYC. (He wants to make it big in the states)

Starting to get better at this Bangkok thing now. Wondering how long I can stay here though since I came with just a passport.. I want to stay till the end of September.

Edited by musicindustry