Will address change influence my non "O" extention based on marriage

Hi

Last time i turned in my TM47 in BKK, immigration changes my registered address to BKK where I work.
(You can no longer user "Work permit address" on TM47 - 90 day report back)

Do any know if it is okay that farrang husband have a different "registered address" that his

thai wife, when he apply for visa extension based on marriage ?

wai.gif

When you apply for your extension based upon marriage you will have to use the address where you are living and possibly need proof of it unless that is where your wife's house book is for.

I don't understand why immigration would of changed the address on the TM47 form unless your residence is outside of Bangkok.

Earlier I always use the addr from my work location in BKK.

Now you can only use your registered address.

I guess they thought that the easy solution was to change my registration address :-(

I ask about my marriage visa but they told me that that will be solved next time

i need a visa extension ????

wai.gif

I also have an address question in regards to the non "O" extension based on marriage. This will be my first extension based on marriage. I am not sure what address to use. Here is the situation:

My wife's name is on her parents house book, we do not live at her parents house.

The house where we live is owned by her aunt.

Questions are: 1) what address should we use for everything? 2) When we take pictures in front of the house showing the house number what house should we use? 3) should we just get her name on the house book where we actually live?

Thanks for any insight.

I also have an address question in regards to the non "O" extension based on marriage. This will be my first extension based on marriage. I am not sure what address to use. Here is the situation:

My wife's name is on her parents house book, we do not live at her parents house.

The house where we live is owned by her aunt.

Questions are: 1) what address should we use for everything? 2) When we take pictures in front of the house showing the house number what house should we use? 3) should we just get her name on the house book where we actually live?

Thanks for any insight.

You need to use the address for where you are living. Dependent upon the immigration office where you apply you will more than likely have a visit by immigration as part of the approval process for your first extension.

Changing you wife's house book registry to where you are living would make it easier. But a a letter from your wife's aunt stating you are staying at her house with signed copies of her house book and ID card should be enough.

• 1 month later...

I have the same situation. My friend's wife's house book is in phitsanulok, he has a yellow book with the same address, but they have recently moved to Bangkok. The condo contract is in her name. When he changes his address with immigration and reports at Chaengwattana, this means he will also need to apply for his extension based on marriage in Chaengwattana as well, correct? Do you for see any problems with him getting his next extension if he does this? He has been here 7 years, and is a US citizen.

I have the same situation. My friend's wife's house book is in phitsanulok, he has a yellow book with the same address, but they have recently moved to Bangkok. The condo contract is in her name. When he changes his address with immigration and reports at Chaengwattana, this means he will also need to apply for his extension based on marriage in Chaengwattana as well, correct? Do you for see any problems with him getting his next extension if he does this? He has been here 7 years, and is a US citizen.

It will not be a problem.

He will need proof of residence when he applies for the extension. The condo rental agreement will be enough.

They often do a house visit when you do an application at a new immigration office so they should expect to have one.

You guys 'excuse my ignorance here' as I just receieved my first Non Imm O visa being married to a Thai National.

When you say extension that is when 'one year is up' or approxiamtely one year, and you are in country and want to extend the visa without exiting Thailand, is that what you are talking about?

If so, we have had an apartment 'in her name' for some 4 plus years in Bangkok, should I get the contract in 'my name' or both of our names?

Finally most of my work, (all of my work) is out of town in different provinces, How does this work then?

I am reading all your post by the way, many thanks

You guys 'excuse my ignorance here' as I just receieved my first Non Imm O visa being married to a Thai National.

When you say extension that is when 'one year is up' or approxiamtely one year, and you are in country and want to extend the visa without exiting Thailand, is that what you are talking about?

If so, we have had an apartment 'in her name' for some 4 plus years in Bangkok, should I get the contract in 'my name' or both of our names?

Finally most of my work, (all of my work) is out of town in different provinces, How does this work then?

I am reading all your post by the way, many thanks

It is a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

You can apply for the extension of stay during the last 30 days of any of the 90 entries you get from your visa. You do not have to wait for your visa to expire. You will need to have 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 60 days or proof of 40k baht income.

The apartment contract can be in your wife's name.

Where you are working does not effect where you apply. If working legally with a work permit you can use your income to get the extension if it's 40k baht or more.

The local ampour have told me 2 times that I can not be listed in my wifes "Book of house" (Blue book) because I am not a Thai citzenser.

Does anybody here been registered in the Blue book ?

You cannot be listed in a blue house book. The only non Thai citizens that can be in one is those with permanent residency.

You can get your own yellow house book that is for foreigners.