Powered Paraglider Pilot Seen Around Phuket

LivinLOS

Once again I saw the guy piloting this around..

Are you reading this ??

Does anyone know him personally ??

Would love to make contact, used to do slope soaring myself. Please if anyone knows him, let me know how to reach him or PM me for my mobile number to pass on.

Once again I saw the guy piloting this around..

Are you reading this ??

Does anyone know him personally ??

Would love to make contact, used to do slope soaring myself. Please if anyone knows him, let me know how to reach him or PM me for my mobile number to pass on.

Don't know the guy, but a visit to Laem Promthep late in the afternoon/evening and you might get to see him other paraglider pilots that could advise you better.

:D I've seen it and I live in Bangkok. I don't have binocular vision though :D , we saw him when we have been on holiday. Each time we come down the girls want to see the flying man. :o

When I said Laem Promthep I should have been a little or more accurate. The paragliders use the headland near the viewpoint between Laem Promthep and Nai harn beach. I guess your timing's just been bad if you've not seen them...good luck with your quest

When I said Laem Promthep I should have been a little or more accurate. The paragliders use the headland near the viewpoint between Laem Promthep and Nai harn beach. I guess your timing's just been bad if you've not seen them...good luck with your quest

Yes, I've seen him many times, although only in a hang glider, never a powered version. My son loves watching him and wants to become a professional hang glider when he's older (I don't mind pushing him off the side of the hill).

If you go to the little restaurant on the beach between Laem Prom Thep and the wind turbines there is a bloke called Somnuk who used to do paragliding - maybe he still does, but he may be able to help you.

I have seen the powered paraglider in the area behind PromPhan supermarket on Chao Fah Road West, too. There is a waste area in behind there which makes for decent practice and takeoff / landings.

I seem to remember that there was a feature on him in The Phuket Gazette last year. Check the search function on their web site.

ElPee

Apologies.. I have had a long busy day and am now tired sunburnt and a little drunk.. I saw the message and link but was a bit pushed for time to immediately respond.. I didnt realize it was so time critical.

Thanks for the link anyway.. Pattaya has quite a flying (and sailing) scene to make Phuket jealous.. Been wanting to do one of the micro light pilots courses up there also.