My retirement extension on 25 July 2014

This morning I went to Immigration at Nakhon Sawan to renew my retirement extension.

I used my check list to assemble all my documents and that was OK as I had all I needed BUT 2 new forms were given to me to sign as well.

I went in at 10am and was #4 in the queue and back out of the door by 10.40. I had no problems and the Immigration staff at NS speak fair English and are farang friendly. IMO they are the best team I have seen in the Immigartion Dept since I started doing this back in 2001.

They are

1 Ackowledgement of the penalties for an overstay of Visa

2 Ackowledgement of terms for permit of temporary stay

I have attached a scanned copy of both forms plus my retirement checklist form for anybody to download and copy.

I hope that this will be of use to anybody extending their retirement visa.

post-5614-0-53620400-1406285486_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-06235000-1406285501_thumb.jp

Tick box for retirement extension 2014 v01.xls

• Like 2

Great stuff... I did my extension today at Nonthaburi Immigration which is very far and difficult to find! I live 10 minutes from Chaeng Wattana but because my address is in Nonthaburi we trecked there... nicest people. I arrived around 230pm, was done around 415pm.

I had to sign the two new docs noted as well. A bit strange since I was getting a retirement extension, but that is what they required.

Thanks for the comprehensive posting. You might like to add to the spreadsheet -

map indicating location of residence (which I have been asked for on two occasions).

Cheers, AA

Bill,

As you know I also use NS and have to do mine in October.

Did you have to show your proof of 65000baht/month or just the letter from the Embassy? In the past they just required the letter. I've always taken it but never had to show it.

Do they now require two pictures? In the past they only required the one attached to the TM7 form.

Did they reset your 89 day report date to 90 days from yesterday? In the past they did.

So, can we finally acknowledge:

If you are on overstay OF ANY DURATION and are APPREHENDED, you can be banned? Even one day.

I guess most know about the other thread where the published first paragraph off-handedly mentioned 90 days and the piss-takers jumped all over it saying it meant the first 90 days were just a fine if you were apprehended. duh

Well here we go again.

This time the hew and cry will be about the lifetime ban part. Trust me. Nothing makes them happy but their own perfection.

'nuff said

~

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So, can we finally acknowledge:

If you are on overstay OF ANY DURATION and are APPREHENDED, you can be banned? Even one day.

I guess most know about the other thread where the published first paragraph off-handedly mentioned 90 days and the piss-takers jumped all over it saying it meant the first 90 days were just a fine if you were apprehended. duh

Well here we go again.

This time the hew and cry will be about the lifetime ban part. Trust me. Nothing makes them happy but their own perfection.

'nuff said

~

Although this is off-topic, the advice from Phitsanulok immigration (yes, they will all have their opinions!) on this issue is that if you are on any type of visa, and have proof of onward travel there should be no concern as common sense (their words) would stop unnecessary paperwork on their side (police and immigration).

If you are on a visa exempt stamp and have no history of out/in visa runs (which you won't with the new rules) a short overstay will follow the normal fines.

All that said, it has to be remembered it will essentially be up the official that apprehends you and the reason you were stopped in the first place. But, as full adults, overstay shouldn't happen in the first place, eh.

Back on topic.........................wink.png

• Like 1

Bill,

As you know I also use NS and have to do mine in October.

Did you have to show your proof of 65000baht/month or just the letter from the Embassy? In the past they just required the letter. I've always taken it but never had to show it.

Do they now require two pictures? In the past they only required the one attached to the TM7 form.

Did they reset your 89 day report date to 90 days from yesterday? In the past they did.

I took the letter from the embassy and the original letters from my pension providers together with all the other bumf needed and also 3 copies of everything. 1 copy and the originals for them and 2 spare copies. The originals were returned except for the embassy letter.

I also had a bag of photos and let the girl choose from them and she only used 1 photo.

And they set my extension renewal for 23 August 2015 and did the 90 day report at the same time for 22 October..

Edited by billd766

Thanks for the comprehensive posting. You might like to add to the spreadsheet -

map indicating location of residence (which I have been asked for on two occasions).

Cheers, AA

Oddly enough I have never been asked for a map reference or a map for the retirement extension but perhaps they want one for a marriage extension as they are supposed to make a house visit.

I also filled in the TM 30 and got my wife to sign it, which is the form for notifying Immigration and normal police that you are actually staying. Theoretically your wife or the house owner shuld fill in this form within 24 hours when you return from elsewhere.

They never asked for the form TM 30 so I didn't offer it, but it was there if they did ask.

BUT 2 new forms were given to me to sign as well.....

1 Ackowledgement of the penalties for an overstay of Visa

2 Ackowledgement of terms for permit of temporary stay

I was certainly not asked at Maptaput to sign similar forms when I renewed my retirement extension there last week (on 15th July). So they are presumably a new requirement specific to Nakhon Sawan?

Indeed, even though I had brought a whole load of docs with me, I only had to provide the following in the event (for the second year in a row):;

1. Completed TM7

2. Embassy income confirmation letter

3. Passport + copies

4. 1,900 THB fee