How much do you pay per rai to till land?

I am interested in comparing prices to till land. I think the prices locally have gotten a little carried away. For example, the guy who usually tills my land is now asking 600 baht per rai for tilling with a three disk plow? Any info about current rates in your area would be much appreciated. Thanx.

here in darkest KALASIN generally 600 bht per rai but that includes ploughing and rototiller just before sowing (rice) but having said that 2 years before only 300 bht

eventhough there are at least 6 tractors to choose from competition seem to means higher prices in Thailand

Talking to a farmer to-day,they had a block of about 20 rie ploughed for a maize crop,a 3 disc 500 bart/rie ,7 disc 250 bart/rie.

This is for central Lopburi.

One farmer and contractor, I spoke to said costs, depends on the land, sugar cane land he will charge more for a 3 disc plough, as with all the machinery and trucks runnig over the land it will be a lot more compact,making it harder to plough.

Thanks for the feedback which is very helpful.

I'm kind of curious about the people who are reporting that they pay in the 200 baht/rai range whether this the person doing the plowing is an in-law or family relation? This price is about what I paid about 10 years ago for 3 disk plowing.

Yep 250 a Rai , had 10 done for rice last week , not a relative just one of the guys in our village with a small Kubota tractor , going rate out our way .

That may be the price for small Kubota of say, 25 hp 250 bart/rai ,I would do that with my small Hino.

My neighbour had only 3 rie ploughed, with a 25 hp Kubota,about 400 bart /rai, and he made a good job.

But, a Ford 6600, could not do it at 250 bart/rai , to quote Canada,"Would not get out of bed for les than 500 bart/rie".

I must agree with him there,for once.

Thanks for the feedback which is very helpful.

I'm kind of curious about the people who are reporting that they pay in the 200 baht/rai range whether this the person doing the plowing is an in-law or family relation? This price is about what I paid about 10 years ago for 3 disk plowing.

Ever who has a tractor. Most are Kbota's L4708 no discount. 200 per rai.