Car rental requirements in CM

intel4004

I'm going to be renting a car in September for about 10 days and I don't own a credit card only a debit. I know in a lot of places esp in Europe that's a problem.

So what about here in CM do you need to present a credit card or would a deposit suffice?

Note. When we rent we will be looking to have zero excess in the event of an accident.

Interesting question. Might be worth asking if you are able to leave a 10k BHT bond with them - this being the amount I have had to sign for in the past. Then of course you would have the problem of collecting the monies back. I guess this could be deducted from the total owing. Best to ask them direct before renting. I am also interested in this, so hopefully someone better informed will come up with a definitive answer. If you contact a hire company direct can you post the finding here please?

Basically, all global car rental companies requires a credit card; however, local Thai car rental companies will rent cars without credit card, but you must allow rental company hold your passport for security deposit.

Also,it depends on when your plan to travel in rental car. The local car rental companies do have 24 hour road service. If you have breakdown it could take 24 hours to receive replacement vehicle.

You must always practice safety first along with passport security. We never know when events occur and exiting a country without passport in almost impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I also recommend Budget Catcher, same deal 5k deposit and copy of passport, they will also pick you up at the airport. Very nice Thai lady and German husband.

Haven't checked up on Budget Catcher or Northwheels yet but will do when I get back from Cambodia. thanks for much for your contribution.

• Like 1