Once upon a time in.............Thailand

bentarm44

When I came here in 2006, I would have definitely described Thailand as a "can do" country.

Now, I recon it's the opposite; for whatever reasons.

Do you agree; or not?

On sort of the same topic, I was talking to an old Phuket mate recently about this; and he said the 2 things that were almost the same cost (inflation adjusted) as 8 years ago were whacky baccy and fast love.

I think he's probably right there.

Quote "Do you agree; or not?"

yes, I agree with you........8 years ago probably you could do it more often and had no problems in that department, now age is creeping up with you, as with most of us, and you find it more and more difficult to do it.

Thailand hasn't changed.........you have changed.

I believe it still is - someone that has the drive and ambition to succeed can still do it - it's a rags to riches country as opposed to an over regulated country that has to support the ungainly weight of "government" cost/license/intervention just to get a business started.....

There is a reason Thai's and other ethinic groups go on to do better than well in other countries - 1- Where they got their start and the freedom to do so....2- the children are not taught in school to get a job and work for someone else that is already successful....I see many learning free enterprise from an early age....glamorous = no ......... a good education in life and the pursuit of success = yes.......

Forget the cig costs...the other I like.....

• Like 1