Who's this elite card for?

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elite Mk1 made a resounding loss for the gullible, more money than sense punters.

So why should I read about part two,that will do the same!

All the 'round one' lifetime membership Elite cards are still valid and being used to this day.

Some people have mentioned that they're on their third five year visa now. Sounds good to me.

Elite Mk1 made a resounding loss for the gullible, more money than sense punters.

All the 'round one' lifetime membership Elite cards are still valid and being used to this day.

Some people have mentioned that they're on their third five year visa now. Sounds good to me.

I am among the "round one" members... and still happy :)

Even happier because I see new members joining the program :)

• Like 1

Well of course if the purchaser is happy with the results,then I suppose I should not comment,but the original Elite card was 1,000,000 baht,which leaving aside Free Golf,and courtesey cars and other menial perks,doesn't seem like a good deal when compared to retirement visas and spouse visas,at 800,000, and 400,000 baht salted for 3 months in your Bank. And then 1900 Baht processing by Immigration!

Sorry Guys I remain unconvinced! it takes a lot of use and years for the Elite card to break even! work it out Elite still owes the original Punters a bundle.Starting off with the 1,000,000 baht,divide that by a generous 65 baht to 1 GBP,(exchange rate in 2004?) enough said,there are cheaper methods to gain a visa! and forget the dubious perks!

Well of course if the purchaser is happy with the results,then I suppose I should not comment,but the original Elite card was 1,000,000 baht,which leaving aside Free Golf,and courtesey cars and other menial perks,doesn't seem like a good deal when compared to retirement visas and spouse visas,at 800,000, and 400,000 baht salted for 3 months in your Bank. And then 1900 Baht processing by Immigration!

Sorry Guys I remain unconvinced! it takes a lot of use and years for the Elite card to break even! work it out Elite still owes the original Punters a bundle.Starting off with the 1,000,000 baht,divide that by a generous 65 baht to 1 GBP,(exchange rate in 2004?) enough said,there are cheaper methods to gain a visa! and forget the dubious perks!

It is a question of perspective (and financial comfort).

In my Thailand Elite' early member's opinion, 10 years of trouble free stays in the country, and many more to come, for only a million is a bargain.

Since the beginning of the program I thought (and said) that one million for the Elite card was too cheap.

But, as you said, as long as you and I (and everyone else) are happy with our chosen options, it is the most important ;)

• Like 1

Its a matter of choice ! Its up to you ! Retirement or marriage visas ! Some other countries also do similar ways of attracting foreigners who can afford but the difference with Thailand is that you can be on your 10th '5 years' you will still have no right to purchase land and right to do buisiness or work unless you go for long administrative formalities and invest 100% for 49% shares like any other foreigners,

Over the years I have required all kinds of visas and waivers to different countries.

The most satisfactory approach, even for the more difficult ones, of which Thailand is not, can usually be achieved with a very simple process.

Firstly one must find a practicing lawyer, but not any just not any lawyer and particularly not those who offer visa services. The best is usually a very senior person, a member of the establishment. For a reasonable fee, they will represent you in writing to someone at ministerial level, if not the minister himself.

As a matter of courtesy, they will usually reply with a note advising you to make an appointment with a certain bureaucrat, who will usually, being aware of your referral, process your request with surprising generosity.

Over the years I have required all kinds of visas and waivers to different countries.

The most satisfactory approach, even for the more difficult ones, of which Thailand is not, can usually be achieved with a very simple process.

Firstly one must find a practicing lawyer, but not any just not any lawyer and particularly not those who offer visa services. The best is usually a very senior person, a member of the establishment. For a reasonable fee, they will represent you in writing to someone at ministerial level, if not the minister himself.

As a matter of courtesy, they will usually reply with a note advising you to make an appointment with a certain bureaucrat, who will usually, being aware of your referral, process your request with surprising generosity.

How many times did you repeat that again?

Are you afraid nobody reads your posts?

:)

Thanks 1000X for your advices, really.

Everybody is very interested in your creative approach. Thanks.

Now for those who prefer easy things, there is the Thailand Elite PE visa...

Complete a form, put in an envelope and mail it, wait a few days, pay 500,000 or 2 million, ... and "hop", you get an easy (long term) stay :)

How many times did you repeat that again?

Are you afraid nobody reads your posts?

smile.png

Thanks 1000X for your advices, really.

Everybody is very interested in your creative approach. Thanks.

Now for those who prefer easy things, there is the Thailand Elite PE visa...

Complete a form, put in an envelope and mail it, wait a few days, pay 500,000 or 2 million, ... and "hop", you get an easy (long term) stay smile.png

I'm not against your repetitious marketing of the elite card.

But why would you be so disturbed about the mere discussion of an alternative?

Its a matter of choice ! Its up to you ! Retirement or marriage visas ! Some other countries also do similar ways of attracting foreigners who can afford but the difference with Thailand is that you can be on your 10th '5 years' you will still have no right to purchase land and right to do buisiness or work unless you go for long administrative formalities and invest 100% for 49% shares like any other foreigners,

This thread is about the pros and cons of the Elite Card options. Those who feel disenfranchised by laws they consider draconian can protest in several ways including with their feet. The laws were about the same on your first visit to the Kingdom.

This thread is about the pros and cons of the Elite Card options. Those who feel disenfranchised by laws they consider draconian can protest in several ways including with their feet. The laws were about the same on your first visit to the Kingdom.

If the thread is about "who the elite card is for", then by implication it's as well about who it might not be for, i.e., who might benefit from another approach. 'Don't see why alternatives shouldn't get some time therefore...

If the thread is about "who the elite card is for", then by implication it's as well about who it might not be for, i.e., who might benefit from another approach. 'Don't see why alternatives shouldn't get some time therefore...

I dont beleive that some are on a 3rd 5 years as the 5 years is new 500k card just released in 2013 at the same time as the 20 years 2m. One.

Totally agree but we are all aware about land/business restrictions in place which probably will never change.

I dont beleive that some are on a 3rd 5 years as the 5 years is new 500k card just released in 2013 at the same time as the 20 years 2m. One.

I personally know someone who is on his 3rd five year visa. He bought the original 1M Baht Thai Elite Card that is good for his lifetime. Believe it. Obviously from reading TV he is not the only one. For him the card turned out quite well.

I personally know someone who is on his 3rd five year visa. He bought the original 1M Baht Thai Elite Card that is good for his lifetime. Believe it. Obviously from reading TV he is not the only one. For him the card turned out quite well.

You are right.

All the members who took advantage of the visa as from 2003 are now using their 3rd visa.

The membership is lifetime (for the early members), but the visa itself is valid 5 years.

For the new card, 500,000 will give 1 visa valid for 5 years, and 2 million will give 4 x 1 visa valid for 5 years (total 20 years).

Edited by gerry1011

It should be the old 1m. lifetime card released in 2010. Still costly, its vat-able on transfer. I cant remember whether - at that time - the holder should pay the annual fee of 20k Bath every year.