Using mobile phone as Sat Nav in Thailand

Hi Guys,

I have heard conflicting things about this so just wanted to see your views. Is it OK to use my Galaxy S3's Sat Nav App, with a dash holder in Thailand. Assuming I enter all the details before setting off and do not touch it during the journy, and it is not blocking my view.

Cheers

Many cars is delivered with navigation, some have rather Big screens

So why not?

Personally i have a similar setup with iPhone + garmin

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I use the iPhone all over Thailand and it works lek a charm, even in Bangkok where it takes me up back alleys and routes I would never find if I went without it. Only thing is that you need to trust it, not be like I was when I first started using it, I would see a sign pointing another way and ignore the directions the phone was giving me, and then get lost a mile or so down the road!

Just use Google maps, it has a sat navigation feature now

Google maps is pretty good for me, however now and again I get 'turn sharp left' while the map shows I should drive straight on and there is (luckily) no possibility of turning left at all. I also occasionally get 'slight left'when what is meant is get in lane to prepare for a U-turn, and my biggest complaint is  'take the ramp'. This can mean anything from leave the express way to take the express way to nothing at all. 'Continue straight' is a funny one as I have strived all my life to be straight.

Anyway, once you get to be acquainted with these little quirks you can go all over Thailand in my experience. The advantage is that you can look for a place on Google maps on your computer, mark it as a favourite and then navigate to it later. The favourite may be in Thai, so you go to Google bookmarks and change the name to 'Fred's' or whatever.