Any British Pubs near Suvarnabhumi Airport / Latkrabang

henry123

In Response...

Believe that there is a new Bill Bentley Pub now up at running in Suwana....probably your nearest .."British type pub/US bar"...used the word...TYPE

There used to be one in Don M which was handy for late night departures in the 80s and 90sbut now boarded up.

Also there was a wee Scottish Pub in On Nut Road but recon it went about 10 plus years ago....apart from that its down the Thai Visa Lounge in Soi 5...

If I was a Mod I'd quickly be pointing out that the TV Lounge is in Soi 7

I always tend to go to "Took la dee" first to pick up a BP..*soi 5)..then go through the tunnel...to as you mentioned Soi 7....apres turn leo sai....mai bphi.....mean leo Qau....been years since I went to the german bar....well weeks...anyway...mai pen r....sanuk

There are plenty in England....where they belong and should stay!!!!!

I was going to write exactly this.

Why go to Thailand and then want a bloody English pub ? why ?

Its ridiculous.

Clearly your knowledge of the British en vacance is limited. I recommend a trip to Magaluf, Benidorm or Sitges in Spain to bring yourself up to speed.

No Thanks, I have no interest in the rabble that comes from the UK or their uncivilised behaviour, bad manners and not to mention the football hooliganism that they portray and are so proud of !!!!!

And with that post, your intellect is well summed up.

As for the OP, I have no idea but you will probably need to go to Sukhumvit for something that is a little closer to a British style pub.

• Like 1

In Response...

Believe that there is a new Bill Bentley Pub now up at running in Suwana....probably your nearest .."British type pub/US bar"...used the word...TYPE

There used to be one in Don M which was handy for late night departures in the 80s and 90sbut now boarded up.

Also there was a wee Scottish Pub in On Nut Road but recon it went about 10 plus years ago....apart from that its down the Thai Visa Lounge in Soi 5...

If I was a Mod I'd quickly be pointing out that the TV Lounge is in Soi 7

I always tend to go to "Took la dee" first to pick up a BP..*soi 5)..then go through the tunnel...to as you mentioned Soi 7....apres turn leo sai....mai bphi.....mean leo Qau....been years since I went to the german bar....well weeks...anyway...mai pen r....sanuk

I'm with you, that's my rat-run too.

Of course we've never been to the German bar (or wouldn't admit to it).

Watneys red barrel and cheese and onion crispsblink.png

Ugh! You brought back horrible memories there. Thankfully Red Barrel is long gone, along with Whitbread Tankard and various other brands of keg muck.

These days you stand a good chance of getting Wadworth 6X, or Old Speckled Hen or somesuch in a decent pub back home. But you're right; even if there were a "British" pub near Swampie or at Latkrabang there's little prospect of it selling the real ale that makes a good pub in England so attractive.

Just as a footnote, the only beer I've ever tasted more vile than Red Barrel is Chang draught, but I guess it sells on price.

Cheers!

• Like 1

CommentPhotos.com_1393519415.jpg

Look dear, an intrepid traveler, nay, an explorer who has traveled all the way fro the UK to Aisa, just to experience Thai culture and is looking for a British pub at the airport of arrival, what's wrong with that picture!

• Like 1

And the first thing he says, when he gets to the pub is this. I'll 'ave you knowww that back in the UuuuuKAaaaayyy!!!!!!

CommentPhotos.com_1393519415.jpg

Look dear, an intrepid traveler, nay, an explorer who has traveled all the way fro the UK to Aisa, just to experience Thai culture and is looking for a British pub at the airport of arrival, what's wrong with that picture!

And the first thing he says, when he gets to the pub is this. I'll 'ave you knowww that back in the UuuuuKAaaaayyy!!!!!!

http://commentphotos.com/gallery/CommentPhotos.com_1393519415.jpg[/i

Look dear, an intrepid traveler, nay, an explorer who has traveled all the way fro the UK to Aisa, just to experience

Thai culture and is looking for a British pub at the airport of arrival, what's wrong with that picture!

Dressed in his safari suit and pith hat, with his sandles and socks. Toasting Queen ,country and the empire

• Like 1

You have to go to Sukhumvit area. There are several in that area, but mind you not all of them are offering British beers. The best selection of British beer is found at Brew Beers & Ciders off Sukhumvit 55. It's not a British pub, but a bar in a upmarket, but lively setting, offering more than 200 different beers.

• 1 month later...

In Response...

If you go into BBP take plenty of dosh. They had a "special" offer in Abu Dhabi airport: A pint and a pie for £10. No chips, no gravy.

Its easy to open a Scottish bar in Thailand. Just cover the place in saltires, tea towels with images of mountains and the odd bit of tartan and hey presto. You could be on the banks of Loch Ness. Don't worry about not having any authentic beer and whisky as Scots will literally drink anything out a bottle....It will soon attract Scotsman of the type who you go out of your way to avoid when you are actually in Scotland.

In Response...

If you go into BBP take plenty of dosh. They had a "special" offer in Abu Dhabi airport: A pint and a pie for £10. No chips, no gravy.

Where is the BBP at Suvarnbhumi?