The New High Tech Village LOUD speakers

EBlair48

Well I was fortunate for 3 years to live far enough away from the closest speakers to not be too bothered, but a few weeks ago,  four brand new ones  were installed  just 75 meters away and they are some serious hardware- about  1000 dollars  of disruptive, rude  energy with  wireless antennae, and even  it's own electric meter, pointing  to all  compass points  and man O' man,  they are LOUD as it gets. No sleeping in  past 8 am ever again, ( well  'till I leave.)

Why.....? Oh why must Thais be brainwashed at such decibels? I asked one of the workers what was the blathering about, after the anthem of course, which will not find me at attention, not  for British drinking songs ( but  soon to be mandatory, possibly?...)  he had no idea as the echo is so bad  from the ones further away at about 500 meters, he said it is difficult to understand.

If there is one social aspect  that differentiates  Asian from Caucasian , it is the lack of appreciation for quiet.

However as the neighborhood consists-  for now, until the 12 " luxury"  villas ( 2 meters apart) get finished which are located just under that speaker assembly-   of only me and the rubber tapper, who is up at 3 am and back in bed at 6:30, I sense a conspiracy afoot.

That antennae looks fragile..and  a bit vulnerable  to a lightening strike. mmmmmm.

Suggestions are welcome

Edited by EBlair48

Invest in your own to counteract it I can supply you with as much industrial tecno music as you want.

Sure they'd love to listen to a 3 hour Surgeon/British Murder Boys mix, just stick it on when they're in bed.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oEqbtgfpfo[/media]

Loudspeakers blaring out at high volume announcements by local authorities, interspersed with music, is a major source of irritation for farangs living in Isaan villages. It starts way before 8 AM.  Living in an area like that, my number 1 requirement about a house would be that it must be beyond shouting distance of these things. 

Loudspeakers blaring out at high volume announcements by local authorities, interspersed with music, is a major source of irritation for farangs living in Isaan villages. It starts way before 8 AM.  Living in an area like that, my number 1 requirement about a house would be that it must be beyond shouting distance of these things. 

Yep, usually starts about 6 AM out in the country. Glad I have none around my neighborhood here in Rawai. When are you leaving EB? rolleyes.gif

Well, they are building a mosque just behind Honda off Chao Fa West. I can't wait for those speakers to be blaring 5 times a freegin' day. sad.png

Now a Mosque ... that's a different story.

Rocket fired grenades are perfectibility acceptable for that shit ...  w00t.gif

• Like 1

You need an FM signal jammer

Interesting but  what if it's AM?  I was also wondering about noise cancellation devices, but again I'm 75 meters away and it is up on a pole, cannot believe the expense of this thing, just phenomenal  these kind of funds would be wasted on such ... annoyances.

I had a similar problem.

I did nothing, and tolerated it for about three months.

Some of my Thai neighbors arranged that it was almost constantly out of order. After about six months it was moved a long way away.

You need an FM signal jammer

Interesting but  what if it's AM?  I was also wondering about noise cancellation devices, but again I'm 75 meters away and it is up on a pole, cannot believe the expense of this thing, just phenomenal  these kind of funds would be wasted on such ... annoyances.

AM is possible, but I think the majority of wireless PA systems work on FM. Probably not possible to get a brand and model? Might look a bit suspicious if you were looking at them with binoculars for brand and model, and then the next day they did not workwhistling.gif

Drag them up before an ethics committee.......bing

Why, are they knowingly  hiring  frauds who are  using a fake  license number?  Pretending to have a university degree? Have they caused  severe and prolonged suffering because of this  criminal behavior ? Or perhaps just prescribing inadequate, expired  vaccines an the wrong dosage and the wrong interval whilst charging 250 % mark up?

Edited by EBlair48

Drag them up before an ethics committee.......bing

Why, are they knowingly  hiring  frauds who are  using a fake  license number?  Pretending to have a university degree? Have they caused  severe and prolonged suffering because of this  criminal behavior ? Or perhaps just prescribing inadequate, expired  vaccines an the wrong dosage and the wrong interval whilst charging 250 % mark up?

You tell me.

I just did.  If people ignore such activity, or refuse to assist in addressing it appropriately, then I hope they don't feel like complaining about it.

How bizarre. You're the one that started this thread complaining about it.

Edited by KarenBravo

Yep, usually starts about 6 AM out in the country. Glad I have none around my neighborhood here in Rawai. When are you leaving EB? rolleyes.gif

I contest that.  On Buddha days here it starts at 05.00. We had a quiet, financial, word with the monks and it is now at a reasonable level. We get up at 05.30 anyway, chickens and dogs to be fed.....

They do communicate important stuff sometimes, every rice farmer in the village got a free sack of fertiliser recently, mysterious handouts occur occasionally, warnings about mosquito spraying about to be carried out, buffaloes being stolen and so on...

Anyway, if there are cables running up the pole, banging a pin in between the wires so that they are short circuited will effectively sabotage the loudspeakers, difficult to find also. I  never tried this but an army guy told me about it. The Thais don't necessarily like the noise either but they react differently from Europeans

I contest that.  On Buddha days here it starts at 05.00. We had a quiet, financial, word with the monks and it is now at a reasonable level. We get up at 05.30 anyway, chickens and dogs to be fed.....

They do communicate important stuff sometimes, every rice farmer in the village got a free sack of fertiliser recently, mysterious handouts occur occasionally, warnings about mosquito spraying about to be carried out, buffaloes being stolen and so on...

Anyway, if there are cables running up the pole, banging a pin in between the wires so that they are short circuited will effectively sabotage the loudspeakers, difficult to find also. I  never tried this but an army guy told me about it. The Thais don't necessarily like the noise either but they react differently from Europeans

"Anyway, if there are cables running up the pole, banging a pin in between the wires so that they are short circuited will effectively sabotage the loudspeakers, difficult to find also."

If you read the OP, you will find these speakers are wireless.

I just did.  If people ignore such activity, or refuse to assist in addressing it appropriately, then I hope they don't feel like complaining about it.

How bizarre. You're the one that started this thread complaining about it.

You're right,  your ethics comment had me thinking I was on another thread. Sorry.

"Anyway, if there are cables running up the pole, banging a pin in between the wires so that they are short circuited will effectively sabotage the loudspeakers, difficult to find also."

If you read the OP, you will find these speakers are wireless.

Correct, there is a electrical wire but I'm sure it is not advisable to drive a pin into that.  I don't want to vandalise the speakers, just  turn it down about 90 % where it can still be heard by interested parties .

Correct, there is a electrical wire but I'm sure it is not advisable to drive a pin into that.  I don't want to vandalise the speakers, just  turn it down about 90 % where it can still be heard by interested parties .

I tried to get a baseball team together in Phuket. You need to either practise yourself or hire a good hand to throw some gluey substance to the speakers. That should do the trick. 

I feel your pain.  I live about 150 meter from a wat and 200 meters from a school (across road from wat).  Until about a year ago, the gratuitous noise was normal loud and obnoxious.  The speaker tower was only about 20 meters tall and carried a set of four horns.  Then, about a year ago, I see them building a new speaker tower over at the wat.  the damned thing must be 100 meters high (towering over all trees and every potential sound dampener) with three tiers of guy wires and three tiers of giant horn speakers.  When they fired it up, I couldn't believe it.  They must have been driving the whole business with a 100,000 watt amplifier.  The O.P. is lucky his noise starts at 8:00a.m.  The wat cranked up at 5:20 a.m this morning.

The old tower was only about 20 meters high with a single set of 4 normal sized horns, like the one at the school.

The school puts on the radio over its towerized horn system at 6:00 a.m. every morning.  Sometimes the school has its celebrations and the noise goes nonstop.  The wat and the school have no regard for each other and often have their sound systems blasting at the same time creating a harmonic dissonance that nobody can understand.  And if you think that sounds bad, at Songkran, the Wat sets up at least two other sound systems and the three sound systems at the wat and the one at the school are all going at the same time with Thai men shouting into the microphones at the tops of their lungs.  It unfuckingbelievable.  I couldn't even use industrial strength earmuffs to escape as it was so loud and they had subwoofers blaring as well.  I had to just get in my truck and drive away for awhile before I went nuts.

Edit:  By the way, I fantasize about how I would vandalize these sound systems and know exactly how I would do it.  But getting caught vandalizing a sound system would get you blacklisted for sure.  Vandalizing property of a wat would probably get you beaten, jailed for awhile, then blacklisted.  Not worth it.

Edited by noendtoit