Retirement Visa: Is this legal?

I saw a post on Faecbook from a company offering retirement visas and other visa services.

This was the post:

Retirement Visa's ..... No need to fly out anymore, stay in Thailand. 

1. You need to be over 50 years of age 
2. You need a passport with at least 12 months validity remaining
3. 2 up to date passport photo's
4. No bank account details 
5. Drop your passport and photo's at 9am back to you 4pm that day !!
6. No Problems .... 

Call Pxxx for more information on 09x xxx xxx

Is this  company really able to offer such services? It's not legal, right? Do you not need to have money seasoned in the bank?

As discussed many times already

Is not legal in the sense that there corrupt officers behind it, that are skipping the "seasoning check" or the money check altogether.

Other than that the extension of stay issued is legal.

Edited by paz

I was offered this way of doing things. Once for 50,000 baht, once for 35,000 baht.

Just another reason to forget things are being done for the benefit for the country. If you have the money rules and regulation do not apply.

Just another reason to forget things are being done for the benefit for the country.
If you have the money rules and regulation do not apply.

I was true, for sure, but it may be changing...
Just noticed this week-end that an "easy retirement visa" board,
that was on display near Pattaya Tai and Second Road for months or years,
is not more... Good sign of some change ? smile.png

I thought it was a loophole by the agents 'lending' the money (800k) to meet the requirements for the visa? I'm not saying this is right or correct, but this what was being discussed in the other thread that got closed.  

It seemed to be a grey area and mixed opinions about the legality of this amongst  the TV members last time this topic was active. 

I thought it was a loophole by the agents 'lending' the money (800k) to meet the requirements //
It seemed to be a grey area and //

How could it be "grey" when they got the visa in 1 day and the requirement is to have this money on your account during at least 2 months? In the present case you don't even need a bank account. They probably pay someone in a bank to get a "true bank attestation with false data"...

I thought it was a loophole by the agents 'lending' the money (800k) to meet the requirements //

How could it be "grey" when they got the visa in 1 day and the requirement is to have this money on your account during at least 2 months? In the present case you don't even need a bank account. They probably pay someone in a bank to get a "true bank attestation with false data"...

If they go by monthly income of +65,000 there is no seasoning requirement afaik.

I guess the IO verifies this either by income statement or is own judgement.

If they go by monthly income of +65,000 there is no seasoning requirement afaik.

Right, but they would need a Revenues Attestation from his Embassy... not free, and not in 1 day wink.png

In theory that will be required but my guess is that a lot of so called " required paper" work is not properly examined nor filed after issuance of the extension which is how they (the IO in question) probably get away with it.

There’s a whole bunch of papers involved in extension and I wonder sometimes what they do with all that paper work later on. I could be wrong here but I don’t think everything gets scanned and saved for later auditing.

I was offered this way of doing things. Once for 50,000 baht, once for 35,000 baht.

Just another reason to forget things are being done for the benefit for the country. If you have the money rules and regulation do not apply.

"Just another reason to forget things are being done for the benefit for the country."

Name one country where someone isn't on the take to remove inconvenient rules and regulations from the path of the big spenders.

"If you have the money rules and regulation do not apply."

And if you follow the rules you don't have to spend all the extra  money. Corruption of this sort takes at least two people ... a taker and a giver. Neither has a halo over his/her head.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

If you fulfill the 65000 per month  baht requirements then you can do it yourself  and don't need an "agent"

• Like 1

If you fulfill the 65000 per month  baht requirements then you can do it yourself  and don't need an "agent"

Yes that's obvious.

The question was how do agents get away with arranging an extension for those who do not comply with the requirements.

Yes that's obvious.

The question was how do agents get away with arranging an extension for those who do not comply with the requirements.

Because they bribe a corrupt immigration officer to overlook what is, at the end, a technical detail.

• Like 1

"Just another reason to forget things are being done for the benefit for the country."

Name one country where someone isn't on the take to remove inconvenient rules and regulations from the path of the big spenders.

And if you follow the rules you don't have to spend all the extra  money. Corruption of this sort takes at least two people ... a taker and a giver. Neither has a halo over his/her head.

Sorry but I don't think I ever said I had a problem with this.

Just don't tell me this is all being done with the interest of Thailand at heart.

Sorry but I don't think I ever said I had a problem with this.

Just don't tell me this is all being done with the interest of Thailand at heart.

who do you think its being done for?

I know there are corrupt immigration people working at the Jomtien office. I know somwonw that was able to get a retirement visa for 25000 without showing 800k in the bank .