House for a month in / near Krabi

Pakeha

I'm trying to find a house to rent for 3-4 weeks in December. Everything I can find online is very expensive to rent.. Can anyone suggest how to find a house at a reasonable (i.e. nearly local or local +50%) price. 

Doesn't need to be too flash. 3-4 bedroom would be good. Budget of 50,000 - 100,000 baht if possible. We are happy with a house a bit away from the beach and doesn't need to be in a tourist area. 

My wife is thai and we will be driving back and forwards between Trang so closer to that side the better. Needs to be in a "safe" area for our young kids.

Thanks in advance.

You can easy find a house for max 10'000 Baht a month, but you won't find it online. You have to visit and search around physically. Houses in Ao Nang tend to be more expensive, but in the area of Talat Kao, Nuea Klong or Klong Thom all in the direction of Trang you'll find cheap objects.

Let me know immediately if you know any 3-4 bedroom house in December for 10,000 baht! :-)

You can easy find a house for max 10'000 Baht a month, but you won't find it online. You have to visit and search around physically. Houses in Ao Nang tend to be more expensive, but in the area of Talat Kao, Nuea Klong or Klong Thom all in the direction of Trang you'll find cheap objects.

Thanks klongmuang. That is the problem - I am not on the ground. I could ask the family to try to sort it out but not sure what the outcome might be! 10,000 sounds very cheap. We can definitely pay higher just not wanting to pay ridiculous $$. 

Thanks for the list of areas too. Now just to work out how to connect with people offering these fairly priced houses to rent..? 

There are a few on AirBnB.com that might work for you. My wife (of 30 years) is building us a vacation/retirement home that we may rent out part time, but I'm not sure if it will be done by December. We were told it would be finished by last month but you know how that goes with contractors around the world.  GPS coordinates 8.108580, 98.906224 on Google maps - it's about 1/2 way between the Krabi airport and Krabi town proper on the Krabi Yai river. 3 bedroom, 3 bath with an extra sleeping sofa downstairs. I hope to go over this fall to finish up the furnishings etc. and get it ready, fingers crossed.

Best of luck, have a great trip.

Richard