Australian parents reveal their side of the surrogate baby story: Thailand

webfact

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just watched the 7.30 story from last nights episode. Got to see baby Gammy and good to see he is doing well and be taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

tonight's

http://www.abc.net.a...aled-as/5650872

Baby was born in December. Dad claimed he was worried about the coup...which didn't happen to May.

Pretty transparent lie there. Can't even get world events to line up.

Just watched the 7.30 story from last nights episode. Got to see baby Gammy and good to see he is doing well and be taken care of.

tonight's

http://www.abc.net.a...aled-as/5650872

Baby was born in December. Dad claimed he was worried about the coup...which didn't happen to May.

Pretty transparent lie there. Can't even get world events to line up.

The paedophile has been found to be full of it and lying all the way through. They Thai woman seems very sincere and honest which may really upset some thai haters. She even has photos of the parents and herself and they claimed they never met the thai mother.

• Like 2

Given the facts emerging about the farther, I hope the authorities in Australia have already removed the little girl from this sick dingo.

let's hope so this sick vermin should not be near a child or permitted to have one. Put the girl in foster care away from this filthy animal

But who would have to check on the Farnell's background? What are the regulations for surrogate matters? Do they exist in Thailand? I think the whole story is a scandal anyway. The poor little kid.

Thai people love their families. In Gammy's case, having Downs,...also brings great "merit" for family members.

Really?? The Chinese woman may have actually put pressure on the Aussie to reject the DS baby out of cultural stigma attached to handicapped people.

It's hard to know what the truth is in this story. Too many people with different stories, and the clinic which could have vetted the surrogacy failed to and has now disappeared.

We will never find out the truth, With all the press on the aussie couple and all the money the thai surrogate will be getting, both sides will be saying what others want to hear and the truth will be buried.

I highly doubt that 6 million will be plonked down in her bank account! Either way, I hope she gets all the help she needs to look after this child.

UPDATE:

Australian in Thai surrogate case has child sex convictions: report

PERTH, August 5, 2014 (AFP) - An Australian father accused of abandoning his Down's syndrome baby has convictions for child sex offences, reports said Tuesday, as the surrogate mother said she was willing to take back the boy's twin sister if the allegations were true.

Australian Associated Press said court documents show that a man, believed to be Gammy's 56-year-old father, was convicted for sexually molesting three girls.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-08-05

Upon hearing this,...the Thai surrogate said she would like the twin girl back.

Perhaps the Australian couple abandoned the boy because he was a boy,...and the pedophile is only interested in little girls.

Yes,...there should be a screenplay for this story.

I'm thinking that the junta is going to come down hard on this surrogate thing,...which helps many Thai women earn some needed money.

UPDATE:

Australian in Thai surrogate case has child sex convictions: report

PERTH, August 5, 2014 (AFP) - An Australian father accused of abandoning his Down's syndrome baby has convictions for child sex offences, reports said Tuesday, as the surrogate mother said she was willing to take back the boy's twin sister if the allegations were true.

Australian Associated Press said court documents show that a man, believed to be Gammy's 56-year-old father, was convicted for sexually molesting three girls.

Upon hearing this,...the Thai surrogate said she would like the twin girl back.

Perhaps the Australian couple abandoned the boy because he was a boy,...and the pedophile is only interested in little girls.

Yes,...there should be a screenplay for this story.

I'm thinking that the junta is going to come down hard on this surrogate thing,...which helps many Thai women earn some needed money.

The Thai surrogate says:

"If she is happy, then I, as a mother, am also happy. I don't want to bring her back to suffer or anything. A mother would never want her child in trouble," she said. "But if she really cannot go on living there, then I'm very happy to have her back in my arms."

Spoken like a loving Thai.

• Like 1

Hard to tell who's telling the truth, but by the media attempts from the Thai lady, my money is on the Aussie couple.

The Thai is just in for it for the fame and the money (how creepy)

well i just heard on the BBC news that the aussie man is a convicted peedo..........i wonder what he was origionally in it for?

This is very different from what is being reported in other places. It is interesting that the parents are admitting that they knew about the second child in this interview, unlike the previous reports in Australian and international media. The allegations about the father are overlooked in this piece.

There is a lot more to this story than has been told so far, it will be interesting to watch the feral media chase this one down the road.

Misled the 'WORLD'?? Like the whole world is watching in!!.. first I've heard of it and won't be back for updates, ta.. mind you, have to ask (before I go for something far more interesting like a kebab and a can o' coke!), perchance, is there some ego at play here, 'hidden' pretty unsubtlely inside all this 'me me me' from all sides??? wai.gif

Hard to tell who's telling the truth, but by the media attempts from the Thai lady, my money is on the Aussie couple.

Whatever.. anyway, are they taking the p*** calling the baby Gammy??? Are they characters out of Viz or what??? Nice one, folks! thumbsup.gifwai.gif

The man is a convicted and serial paedophile. He should not be allowed to adopt or have a surrogate child. Full stop.

No argument from me. 100% agree the child should be in the care if the Dept Human Svc's now.

The child will be in care soon,but then what,legal minefield.

News that the father of this child is a child molester and did time in prison for that will not help public sympathy for him. IMO he should not be allowed within a mile of any kiddie let alone having children of his own. Sad story in every respect.

Which father? Thai or Australian? Link please....

Father in Gammy case has string of child sex convictions
A Western Australian man believed to be the biological father of abandoned baby Gammy has been convicted of child sex offences on multiple occasions, 9NEWS can reveal.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/08/05/13/43/gammy-case-biological-father-string-of-child-sex-offences#09bb9JK6FTZw06GH.99

What I find interesting is that stories unfavorable to the Australian couple, such as the one linked to above, are not posted as original posts in ThaiVisa. Instead, we get several posts casting aspersions on the Thai woman involved (and there may some truth in that), but none regarding any dirt on the Australians.

You don't think this reflects some bias on the part of TV original posters, do you?

Naaah. Couldn't be.

while we're at it:

http://news.msn.com/world/thai-surrogate-says-unaware-twin-had-down-until-late-in-pregnancy?ocid=fbmsn

Edited by DeepInTheForest

There are so many wrongs here on both sides and beyond. The entire surrogacy process needs to be reviewed. The only innocents as far as I can tell are the 2 babies. What a mess.

Fortunately there is still plenty of time for this to be sorted out so that both babies have the opportunity for a 'normal' life.

Remove the daughter from father for a start, these creatures only acquire children for one purpose. Remove the child from these dangers before it's to late, foster care would be better than having a monster feed on her.

You like many people are quick to judge with out knowing all the facts

a friend married a Thai lady and took her to Australia, and when she had a child she met a younger man and pushed her child's daughter to one side

As he wanted visiting rights to the daughter she complained to the police he assulted the child

he was arrested of coarse

a year later it was found it never happened and the mother lied to get into a better financial situation, she made a quick exit from Australia back to Thailand

Can you be 100% sure this is not a similar case, and he is the victim in this case

How about he met a young girl 1 month under legal age and she looked much older, happens all the time

again the blocks where stacked against him

just because the la says one thing, does not mean he is a problem to children

I have not idea what the real truth is

Maybe your in the same boat

please not critisise till you know all the facts

Stop with the piss weak excuses,the children he assaulted were under 13,thats a kid in Oz.

• Like 1

I am more suspicious of the Aussie couple though. Whether the child has a day to live or not they just up and flew? Most people would have extended their trip, oversaw the passing of their child, and their child's sibling, buried the child or taken it home. I find it equally appalling that they believed the child had one day to live so responded as if it were refuse. Irrespective of the truth, their character is revealed in this action. Also, I think its unfair to say the Thai mother is just in it for the money. Most definitely, when she decided to keep this troubled child, there was no silver lining, no rocket to wealth, no facebook, media, and charity. She elected to keep the baby for personal reasons and it is a bridge too far to indict those motivations.

• Like 2

There are so many wrongs here on both sides and beyond. The entire surrogacy process needs to be reviewed. The only innocents as far as I can tell are the 2 babies. What a mess.

Fortunately there is still plenty of time for this to be sorted out so that both babies have the opportunity for a 'normal' life.

Remove the daughter from father for a start, these creatures only acquire children for one purpose. Remove the child from these dangers before it's to late, foster care would be better than having a monster feed on her.

You like many people are quick to judge with out knowing all the facts

a friend married a Thai lady and took her to Australia, and when she had a child she met a younger man and pushed her child's daughter to one side

As he wanted visiting rights to the daughter she complained to the police he assulted the child

he was arrested of coarse

a year later it was found it never happened and the mother lied to get into a better financial situation, she made a quick exit from Australia back to Thailand

Can you be 100% sure this is not a similar case, and he is the victim in this case

How about he met a young girl 1 month under legal age and she looked much older, happens all the time

again the blocks where stacked against him

just because the la says one thing, does not mean he is a problem to children

I have not idea what the real truth is

Maybe your in the same boat

please not critisise till you know all the facts

tezzainoz check the links people posted--he was "convicted" during the 90's for sex with girls under the age of 10 and served time and again with girls under the age of 13 -wasn't that he didn't know they were under age.

http://www.news.com....9-1227013652057 Check articles http://www.9news.com...9JK6FTZw06GH.99

"The Australian man at the centre of the Thai surrogate abandoned baby row has multiple convictions for sexual offences against children.

David John Farnell was jailed for three years in 1997 after admitting to sexually assaulting two young children.

According to media reports from the time, the West Australian electrician, who was then 39, pleaded guilty to the sex crimes and had previously admitted to molesting two teenage girls 15 years earlier."

That enought facts for you? Convicted and admiited to the crimes not someone being accused by some irate G/F

Edited by Tony125

News that the father of this child is a child molester and did time in prison for that will not help public sympathy for him. IMO he should not be allowed within a mile of any kiddie let alone having children of his own. Sad story in every respect.

It's being reported the offences were when he was 20, now 56, wirh no (known) subsequent offending. He would be OK for a 'working with children' certification now, but probably have to appear in a hearing to plead his case.

This looks like a problem with surrogacy, people with less than honorable/decent intentions paying mothers in developing countries to produce kids for their evil ways.

It's being reported the offences were when he was 20, now 56, wirh no (known) subsequent offending. He would be OK for a 'working with children' certification now, but probably have to appear in a hearing to plead his case.

This looks like a problem with surrogacy, people with less than honorable/decent intentions paying mothers in developing countries to produce kids for their evil ways.

Oh my! I feel sick! I just read additional posts. I did not realize that the man at the center was a convicted child molester and Thai authorities want to indict the mother. There is no way the child should remain with the aussie couple. That child should be returned to Thailand at once. Whether 20 years ago or not, he was a child molester. You can not have it both ways. As a rational they often argue the brain is wired differently, therefore... well, if it is biological than 20 years has changed nothing. The man then is congenitally a threat to children. Thailand should diplomatically push to have this child returned.

The mother should be prosecuted in order to send a larger message regarding human trafficking and law breaking. However, she should be prosecuted with all aware that she should not be sentenced. This woman will suffer enough for this action and her child[ren] would suffer more for harm to come to her. Get the baby. Help the mother!

What sickness!

Convicted at 39, but 19 years after the fact is what I've read, but were dealing with the press and their propensity to sensationalize a story.

Time will reveal the true story....maybe.

Like Rolf, this guy thought he was home and hosed, but pedos are no longer safe from their pasts.

Seems in the US the new lotto is looking for sympathy from others willing to donate money. We have had false accusations of people saying they were treated badly due to their race only to show them lying but that came out only after they made a good bit of money.

One lady who was called names on a bus by kids got around $500,000. Just by being teased (cruelly, yes, but still)

Since then it seems everyone has a story that begs for sympathy.....and cash.

My feelings are that the Aussies are telling the truth.

My money would be on the Australian folks as telling the truth. Sorry to say but Thai people have become the most notorious liars and greediest in the world. Lying is a way of Thai culture. They lie to save face. Period. They will say anything to make themselves look good. Thailand is quickly becoming a cesspool for liars, cheats and rip-offs. That is sad because Thailand is such a beautiful country.

The thai mother will milk it for all its worth. With 10 minutes of "big face" and a few baht for interviews and photos. They say there has been donations of $200,000 for the child. I certainly hope the mother has no access and it is administered by a third party. Also hope the third party is an Australian institution not a thai or that money will not last long enough for the ink in the bank book to dry. The mother will have a new pick up and a few rai in no time.

Edited by callaway

Seems in the US the new lotto is looking for sympathy from others willing to donate money. We have had false accusations of people saying they were treated badly due to their race only to show them lying but that came out only after they made a good bit of money.

One lady who was called names on a bus by kids got around $500,000. Just by being teased (cruelly, yes, but still)

They've changed their story more times than Madonna changes her costume during a concert. Edited by samran

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Then contrary to what everyone else is told you need to learn not to trust your feelings!

• Like 1

This has to be one of the most depraved stories I have ever heard.

Convicted paedophiles employing illegal surrogates to produce baby girls, with dodgy agent, and lies about the physical condition of the boy.

There are more serious lies per square inch of news copy than any other story I have ever read. Everyone is lying about themselves and their intentions.

• Like 1

My money is on that the Australian couple are lying.

Mr and Mrs Farnell spent two months in Thailand and extended their visas but due to military unrest said they had no option but to leave without Gammy.

Total and complete nonsense. The military took over power using peaceful methods, the whole operation went smoothly and quickly, literally within a few days. Except for a few areas in Bangkok the rest of the country was hardly affected. No way were foreigners at risk or had no options but to leave Thailand. The country was not at war, the Australian couple are just making ridiculous excuses, which to me proves they are exaggerating and lying.