Surat license office

Yeah, was told at Lipanoi office that because of the size of the bike had to go to Surat. I think it has always been the law but in the "fast and loose" days easy to get around. With the army running the show I think the letter of the law is being enforced for a change.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Are there any definite rules as to what can and cannot be done at the Lipa Noi transport office?

e.g. I went there this morning with a Honda Click to change the name on the green book to my name. Even though the plate on the bike is a Surat plate, I was told that they cannot do this for me in Samui, because the bike was registered in Surat Thani, and not Samui. They also mentioned that because the address of the previous owner was in Nakhon Si Thammarat that this was a problem also.

I was always under the impression that any Surat platae can be changed in Samui, but for any non-Surat plate I had to travel to Surat Thani town to change.

Can anyone offer anything more definite?

I still have a wave from my time in Samui with a Surat plate. Tax every year BKK or Patters never a problem

Taxing any bike isnt a problem in Samui. Its the transferring on names in the green books that I am having issues with and seeking clarification of?