Does your GF show an interest in YOU and who you are?

hellohello123

Does my partner show interest in me ... sure - 100%

Only the other day she yelled to me from outside (the Washing Machine is outside the house).

Honey?

Yes Dear.

Is the Bum Gun working OK?

Yes Dear.  Why do you ask?

Oh ... just that I'm washing your undies and there are skiddies ... more then usual

Now, that's a lady who cares about my person ... wub.png

I hear ya buddy. Same conversation here. I just reply low water pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 1

Nope, don't really had this problem. I'm a bit younger than the OP. Most of the girls I have dated have never dated a foreigner before, and I am good at speaking Thai, so they are usually very curious about me and where I am from. I'm especially surprised they never ask the OP about his family, that's one of the first questions I always get, 'do you miss your mother and father'? And they want to know all about them from there. They usually want to know what it's like in the US, what the weather is like, the food, the prices, what I studied in university, etc. Then they usually want to know what I think of Thailand, do I like Thai food, can I eat spicy food, where in Thailand have I been, etc. I'm not a chatty guy by nature so they are usually asking the questions and me responding.

I can understand and answer all these types of questions in Thai, so maybe it's a language problem. And if they speak English because they have been overseas or have had foreign boyfriends before, maybe they are bored talking about that kind of stuff

Nope, don't really had this problem. I'm a bit younger than the OP. Most of the girls I have dated have never dated a foreigner before, and I am good at speaking Thai, so they are usually very curious about me and where I am from. I'm especially surprised they never ask the OP about his family, that's one of the first questions I always get, 'do you miss your mother and father'? And they want to know all about them from there. They usually want to know what it's like in the US, what the weather is like, the food, the prices, what I studied in university, etc. Then they usually want to know what I think of Thailand, do I like Thai food, can I eat spicy food, where in Thailand have I been, etc. I'm not a chatty guy by nature so they are usually asking the questions and me responding.

I can understand and answer all these types of questions in Thai, so maybe it's a language problem. And if they speak English because they have been overseas or have had foreign boyfriends before, maybe they are bored talking about that kind of stuff

A new topic

Does the bf not ask question and show interest

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Another possibility ..... you're in your 30'$.......no prospect for long time anything beyond the current situation unless you want to stay as a broke school teacher.... with the wrong crowd.... .beyond immediate $$$$$$$$$ there is no reason for long term interest in you......you might be worthy of genuine long term interest - just not from their point of view/wants/needs/or desires.....hope you find what you need..... .needs and wants seem to get confused around here.....

another offshore worker who thinks he is a philosopher?

Their's nothing wrong with being a broke teacher, take it easy

I didn't say that there was - if the gals are looking for cha-ching.....just not what would interest them.....

Another possibility ..... you're in your 30'$.......no prospect for long time anything beyond the current situation unless you want to stay as a broke school teacher.... with the wrong crowd.... .beyond immediate $$$$$$$$$ there is no reason for long term interest in you......you might be worthy of genuine long term interest - just not from their point of view/wants/needs/or desires.....hope you find what you need..... .needs and wants seem to get confused around here.....

another offshore worker who thinks he is a philosopher?

Their's nothing wrong with being a broke teacher, take it easy

Actually…being a broke teacher is kinda loserish.

I actually have the opposite problem. My girlfriend asks about EVERYTHING, which I can tell you is pretty annoying. Try explaining something difficult and very technical to a person with 6 years of education and you will understand what I mean :-)

Yes I have observed what the OP has written about for sure.

OP I agree 100%....they seem completely uninterested.

Not sure why that is but certainly it is an annoying trait....probably something to do with the education and being taught never to ask questions and essentially not wanting to know becuase they have never been taught to want to know.

At school they are not taught to ask questions and that is carried into their future life.It does n't mean that they are not interested in you.It's a cultural thing.

All Thai people are obsessed with themselves. I don't know why. It matters not whether they are male/female rich/poor
They ain't got time to be worried about/thinking about anyone else. It is one explanation of why they obliged publicly to adore, respect their children/mothers/fathers when they do not
I have worked/lived all over the world. I have never encountered elsewhere a culture as narcissistic as Thailand. Does mean, of course, if you can keep up,you get luscious human beings in your bed.
I have grown to accept this over 20+years Edited by laolover88
  • Like 1

OP should be relieved he's not like that bloke who needs a translator to speak to his wife.

Poor sod even said she has no interest in him whatsoever; won't learn English but I think she owns part of his business.

OP,

Should be relieved that his log in name isn't 'Cypress Hill', talk about bitter and twisted.

Maybe the OP's GF is too scared to ask questions about his past, fearing that might set him off to ask about her past.

ND....ever the psychologisttongue.png

• Like 1

Thabks everyone for your responses, seems there is a cultural habit to not ask question
questions

Being raised in a foreign country has probably made me quite curious, and personally if I am.interested in someone, I want to know everything about them

Up until reading this thread, I used to get frustrated as to why I could name her entire family while she only knew that I have a single brother

If their culture doesn't encourage asking questions, then so be it

I actually have the opposite problem. My girlfriend asks about EVERYTHING, which I can tell you is pretty annoying. Try explaining something difficult and very technical to a person with 6 years of education and you will understand what I mean :-)

a very smart guy with a gf  edukated 6 years.  you got to be kidding!