Today ='s Last Chance Fish & Chips Old Price

ThePunPun

WHAT ! ! ! Your post has been on here with that photo for more than 5 minutes now..... & not one bitch about the photo or camera, or lighting, or plate color...... Man I need to sit down with you and find out how you did that.

tongue.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Did he download it from Google images? That is usually the best way to go.

The photo was meant only to inspire the readers. The Rimping label and price remain accurate. Prime Attlantic Cod, 495 baht per kilo.

All for naught, however - Worgeordie is right. Too expensive for Chiang Mai expats, even at 200 baht per serving. I'm on my way to Pun-Pun!!!

WHAT ! ! ! Your post has been on here with that photo for more than 5 minutes now..... & not one bitch about the photo or camera, or lighting, or plate color...... Man I need to sit down with you and find out how you did that.

Angle man, angle! Seriously, any vertical shot from directly above the plate is going to look bad. Come at with a 45 degree angle or so and give it some dimension and context - something like what the sophisticated diner is going to see when sitting at the table. A bird's-eye view might be good for triggering the "eat me" response in birds.

Angle man, angle! Seriously, any vertical shot from directly above the plate is going to look bad. Come at with a 45 degree angle or so and give it some dimension and context - something like what the sophisticated diner is going to see when sitting at the table. A bird's-eye view might be good for triggering the "eat me" response in birds.

SOPHISTICATED DINER ???? Com'on Zzif this is the Pun Pun . I don't think that even a timeshare promoter could get away with calling our clientel sophisticated..... For heavens sake.... you eat here....you should know.

Now onto the 2nd comment about the 45 degree angle..... I tried that but the food kept sliding off the plate.

So birds eye its beenbiggrin.png

SOPHISTICATED DINER ???? Com'on Zzif this is the Pun Pun . I don't think that even a timeshare promoter could get away with calling our clientel sophisticated..... For heavens sake.... you eat here....you should know.

Now onto the 2nd comment about the 45 degree angle..... I tried that but the food kept sliding off the plate.

How much for your fish and chips? Looks like a decent size portion, I will try and make it out there for a meal.

How much for your fish and chips? Looks like a decent size portion, I will try and make it out there for a meal.

Now thru close of business on this Friday the 15th, just 175 Baht. That's normally the Friday Daily Special Price. Yes its a full meal. Most do not go away hungry nor do they have room for desert

Thanks for your interest & hope to see you at The Pun Pun

G

Not only that but there has been no mention of the 'Blue' word(s) fork & spoon.

OOPS I've just done it!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

JMO, but fellow expat starts a thread offering a deal (yeah, I know he's also advertising) and the posters here use it as an opportunity to talk about places other than OP's restaurant that they prefer....pretty lousy support.

If you like fish and chips somewhere else, start a 'best fish and chips' thread, don't hijack someone else's thread, especially someone who did offer you a heads up on a way to save a few baht.

Touching though your post is, in my experience a thread started by a sponsor gets more 'hits' if there's a lively discussion around the edges of the subject of the thread than just a congratulatory back slapping fest. And Gonzo's been around long enough to take the brickbats! Pun Pun is a great place where the company is as enjoyable as the food. John's meatloaf was my favourite. .....can't make good fish 'n chips with river fish though......IMHO.

Post removed - forum rule 26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Another thumbs up for Dee's Fish and Chips only tried it last week had double Fish and Chips for 90 baht MASSIVE VALUE and tasted great and its enough to fill even UG )

A definate "God send" to CM.

Thai missus and tin lids love them too.

Does homemade pickled onions from time to time, also delish.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

JMO, but fellow expat starts a thread offering a deal (yeah, I know he's also advertising) and the posters here use it as an opportunity to talk about places other than OP's restaurant that they prefer....pretty lousy support.

If you like fish and chips somewhere else, start a 'best fish and chips' thread, don't hijack someone else's thread, especially someone who did offer you a heads up on a way to save a few baht.

Touching though your post is, in my experience a thread started by a sponsor gets more 'hits' if there's a lively discussion around the edges of the subject of the thread than just a congratulatory back slapping fest. And Gonzo's been around long enough to take the brickbats! Pun Pun is a great place where the company is as enjoyable as the food. John's meatloaf was my favourite. .....can't make good fish 'n chips with river fish though......IMHO.

Maybe so ..... but depends on what river....WHAT ! ! ! ...... you mean these fish are not from the St Lawrence River and not cold water North Atlantic White..???? I dun ben tooked ! ! !

whistling.gif

I brought my Thai wife once for fish and chips, which she loves, and that was the last time I could get her to come.

Sourcing the fish is very important.

That your original statement indicated you had no idea what you are serving speaks loudly.

Also, not everyone really yearns for a right-wing commentary on US politics while they eat.

Up to you.

Got cravings for a shitload of hot chips takaway, best place for this?

following pic may give you an idea

3391329403_923f9c7f3a.jpg

They look like Makro 10mm straight cut chips with quite a few over-cooked.

Personally, and in the absence home fries/home made chips, I prefer Makro's 12mm crinkle cut chips.

• Like 1