Non-Immigrant Visa Category B, apply in Thailand or Outside?

I'm currently in Thaland and wish to apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa Category B visa.

The Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department is telling me that I have to leave Thailand before my agent can apply for the paper work for my Non-B visa.

My understanding was that I could apply here in Thailand, wait for all the paperwork, travel outside  of the Kingdomand apply for the Non-B visa and return and apply for my work permit.

can anyone confirm either way?

Thanks in advance.

A visa can only be obtained outside of Thailand, you will have to go outside.

Years ago (not sure if you still can do) you could change the current visa to a Non Immigrant B (would not be a visa but an extension of the current visa into a Non Imm B) within Thailand.

A visa can only be obtained outside of Thailand, you will have to go outside.

Years ago (not sure if you still can do) you could change the current visa to a Non Immigrant B (would not be a visa but an extension of the current visa into a Non Imm cool.png within Thailand.

Hmm, so my lawyer cannot even apply for the paper work for me to obtain the Non-B without me first being outside of Thailand?

You can apply for the work permit without a B visa. It can be done with a tourist visa.

Then you would take the letter of approval for the work permit application along with company documents to get a single entry non-b visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.

• Like 1

You can apply for the work permit without a B visa. It can be done with a tourist visa.

Then you would take the letter of approval for the work permit application along with company documents to get a single entry non-b visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.

Currently I have been studing Thai so I have a Non Imm ED, The Office of Foreign Workers Administration in Bangkok and the one in Nonthaburi both Required something different.

My lawyer attended the Nonthaburi office this afternoon for a meeting with the officer and you are correct, wait for the letter of approval etc and visit a nearby consulate.

Thanks for your reply^^