Is buying stuff cheaper on the Dark Side of Pattaya?

media

I have never lived over the dark side but often hear people saying that everything is cheaper. Food, Drinks, bars, etc
But what about other stuff?  I need some new garden furniture, The prices in South Pattaya can be very high, do you think that better deals are available on the dark side?  

Most of the retail outlets for that kind of thing are over on the other side - apart from Chic Republic and Decco (if they have that kind of thing). Not sure about Soi Siam, but elsewhere it seems there is only the occasional small place that might have the odd item.
  • Like 1

For the above, Index Living Mall probably has the best prices around here (small selection though).

1 such shop as far as I know on dark side: between Banglamung and Rong Po turn under the bridge on the way to Rayong, a few hundred meters further at left hand side ... nice stuff but pricey.

Generally speaking, I think prices for food, vegetables, fruit, street meals and apartment rental are cheaper on the Darkside. I know from my GF, who sells soup in Buakhao Market, she has shifted most of her ingredient purchases away from Wat Chai to the market at the railway crossing of Soi Noen Plub Waan because they are all cheaper. In some cases, the vegetables look better too. It was something I began noticing immediately and confirmed on later shopping trips. 

There is a shop on Thepprasit that has this type of furniture. They can order for you to. Good prices. I believe it is on the corner of Soi 8,on the right hand side if you are coming from Sukhumvit. Also, beware of the cheap Chinese crap. Edited by ThaiBob

Where or what is the dark side?

North of Sukhumvit Road is know as "the dark side" so named as when nightime falls you cannot see over there due to a lack of electricity thumbsup.gif

If you want to make a smartarse reply at least get your bearings right, the so called darkside is EAST of Sukhumvit

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 1

North of Sukhumvit Road is know as "the dark side" so named as when nightime falls you cannot see over there due to a lack of electricity thumbsup.gif

If you want to make a smartarse reply at least get your bearings right, the so called darkside is EAST of Sukhumvit

All depends where you are approaching it from laugh.png

Sent from my apartment by pigeon post app

Sounds like you have a doctorate in geographics and astronomy

Edited by JesseFrank

Ever heard of a compass?

Hence my remark that the sun rises over the Darkside.