Emule Settings Problem (tt&t Maxnet@home 512kbps)

Voo Doo

I use eMule v0.47a version on TT&T Maxnet@home 512Kbps in Koh Samui.

eMule is being very selective about the servers. Jumps from one to another every few minutes and can’t establish steady and regular connection. It takes days to download a small file like 5 or 10MB!

It shows connection attempt to the server and in the same moment "Timed out". Then information in Log window: “You have a lowid. Please review your network config and/or your settings.”

My friend is on TOT operator and his eMule downloads like crazy.

We have exactly the same settings. Is the reason that he has different operator? Maybe there's different configuration for TT&T settings which I don’t know…?

Any help most appreciated. Would love to get clear, step by step information as I’m not very good in technical stuff.

Thanks in advance.

There's two possible problems...

1) very good chance TT&T does packetshaping on P2P. It's clearly stated on their printed brochure that P2P and VOIP are not guranteed! Most cheap packages do this...

2) If you use a router the appropriate port (normally TCP, 4662) might not be forwarded to your PC... If you use a USB adsl modem it should not be the problem...

There's two possible problems...

1) very good chance TT&T does packetshaping on P2P. It's clearly stated on their printed brochure that P2P and VOIP are not guranteed! Most cheap packages do this...

2) If you use a router the appropriate port (normally TCP, 4662) might not be forwarded to your PC... If you use a USB adsl modem it should not be the problem...

I think the first answer Monty gave is correct I have the same package and it used to allow P2P even though as Monty said the brochure says they do not.

then one day it stopped and that was the reason Given to me.

But that's fine if they keep providing be with the FAST speed they have for the last 11 months :o

BTW no problem with Voip and Skype for me.

Edited by hereforgood

thanks monty and hereforgood,

I use USB adsl modem, not router and I don't have any problems with Voip, Skype and Internet Calls.

eMule was OK for short period of time when I first started to use it. Then suddenly just stoped.

Do you think that's the TT&T and it's policy about P2P...? But as I said, my Voip works and other communication programs correctly...

Does anybody know if there's any way to sort it out ...?

Thank you all.