CTH ,a new season,what can we expect ?

Sparkles

For those who still rely on CTH with only a few days to go until EPL kick off I have no idea,nor have I been able to find out, whether we will get the same programming as last season. For example the, during the week , John Dykes and co programs, reviews and predictions.

If anyone has any info they might post it here.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English Premier League to most of us.

(If you don't believe me, try Google: EPL - 11 million results; BPL - 5.3 million results).

Barclays will eventually be replaced by someone else.

As for John Dykes and co., don't miss them, the Qatar boys do a much better job.

Edited by Chicog

I covered this topic on here recently.

Fwiw, I would think it will be the same as last season, no reason why not is there. Remember, if there are any changes that is probably down to PLTV and not CTH.

But PP, I thought you were giving it the elbow biggrin.png well so you said !

Fwiw, I would think it will be the same as last season, no reason why not is there. Remember, if there are any changes that is probably down to PLTV and not CTH.

Put your c*ck away.

Put your c*ck away.

No need for that Victor laugh.png

English Premier League to most of us.

(If you don't believe me, try Google: EPL - 11 million results; BPL - 5.3 million results).

Barclays will eventually be replaced by someone else.

As for John Dykes and co., don't miss them, the Qatar boys do a much better job.

Thanks for you very constructive answer. I don't take anything for granted with CTH with hence my question which I guess will be answered this weekend and following days on the screen

Put your c*ck away.

No need for that Victor laugh.png

Haven't you got some condos you should be flogging, traitor?

Renewal time. I know that - they appear not to.

Do I bust a gut, beat their door down and insist on paying more money or do I sit tight and watch for free (possibly until they lose the rights by bankruptcy or contract expiry) knowing that someday I might be cut off for a week or two?

Decisions decisions. Anybody got a moral take on this?

Edited by SantiSuk

Do I bust a gut, beat their door down and insist on paying more money or do I sit tight and watch for free (possibly until they lose the rights by bankruptcy or contract expiry) knowing that someday I might be cut off for a week or two?

Watch for free. OK to help inept individuals... but never inept suits.

Use it for two months before cancelling and use up your deposit, as I doubt you would get it back !

They have put have put far too much coin into this to not make it work, and didn't they pay up front for 3 years? so how would they lose the rights?

If it were me I would just contact them and say you want to pay monthly, highly unlikely you will get cut off anyway, not heard of anyone getting cut off, they probably wouldn't even know how to do it.

COYI!

The John Dykes Football Today was on Stadium 6 (Channel 61) this evening. It appears that Stadium 6 is set up as last year, which I think is good news.

You have answered a question I was going to pose. I was out on the p*ss last night and was wondering if this was on, no repeat as of yet today though as I type.

Who was on the sofa? Pls don't tell me that old Curbs is still knocking about? If so, did he say any of this weekends matches are 'must wins'?

The John Dykes Football Today was on Stadium 6 (Channel 61) this evening. It appears that Stadium 6 is set up as last year, which I think is good news.

You have answered a question I was going to pose. I was out on the p*ss last night and was wondering if this was on, no repeat as of yet today though as I type.

Who was on the sofa? Pls don't tell me that old Curbs is still knocking about? If so, did he say any of this weekends matches are 'must wins'?

Curbs' was there with Ian Dowie while Uncle John clucked around his 'brood' like an old hen, carefully refraining from asking too many searching questions at this time of the season, including forecasting the result of each of this weekend's matches. It seems the Thaivisa football forum predictors are made of sterner stuff.

Dowie sounded as though he'd been up Curb's backside this summer as he constantly referred to "As Curbs' said earlier","As Alan said" and "What Alan said was spot on". The one moment of drama was when Dykes asked Dowie if "The three at the back for QPR, will it work?". "Yeah,I think it will" replied Dowie."What Caulker,Ferdinand AND Clint Hill?" asked Dykes searchingly."Well,I've played with Rio and he's still a world class defender" replied Dowie acidly. John looked shaken that one of his clutch had got upset. I swear I detected a tear in his eye.

• Like 2

Curbs' was there with Ian Dowie while Uncle John clucked around his 'brood' like an old hen, carefully refraining from asking too many searching questions at this time of the season, including forecasting the result of each of this weekend's matches. It seems the Thaivisa football forum predictors are made of sterner stuff.

Dowie sounded as though he'd been up Curb's backside this summer as he constantly referred to "As Curbs' said earlier","As Alan said" and "What Alan said was spot on". The one moment of drama was when Dykes asked Dowie if "The three at the back for QPR, will it work?". "Yeah,I think it will" replied Dowie."What Caulker,Ferdinand AND Clint Hill?" asked Dykes searchingly."Well,I've played with Rio and he's still a world class defender" replied Dowie acidly. John looked shaken that one of his clutch had got upset. I swear I detected a tear in his eye.

Simply awful isn't it. Toothless hamsters have got more bite than Dykesie. I think it would be safe to say that he has a roster at home for when he and Mrs Dykes get intimate.

It always makes me cringe if he has a current player on there when it comes to predicting the score time, he asks his usual guests for a prediction, the other chap is then visibly ready to give his prediction but is told he doesn't have to that as it 'wouldn't be fair' which is often met by a look of complete bemusement from said player..

Simply awful isn't it. Toothless hamsters have got more bite than Dykesie. I think it would be safe to say that he has a roster at home for when he and Mrs Dykes get intimate.

It always makes me cringe if he has a current player on there when it comes to predicting the score time, he asks his usual guests for a prediction, the other chap is then visibly ready to give his prediction but is told he doesn't have to that as it 'wouldn't be fair' which is often met by a look of complete bemusement from said player..

It is terrible, but it's therapeutic value to me lies in how abyssmal and dense the participants are. It allows me to let off steam once a week. Oh, I nearly forgot Pat, Dowie has predicted that Diego Costa will be the leading goalscorer and Fabregas will be the outstanding player this season. That's us f****d for the campaign.

Hi guys,

Firstly, sorry if I am in the wrong forum for this... I am new to thaivisa and still finding my way around...

I've just bought my first ever TV (yep!) because I want to watch:

* Arsenal Games

* UCL

* Premier League

* FA Cup

* English language movies

* Maybe some other English language TV

I just hooked up Truvisions Platinum only to then realise they don't have the Premier League anymore (yep should have done better research first).

I realise now that CTH has the Premier League.

Can I install both Truvisions and CTH at the same time??

Or would you recommend ditching Truvisions and going only with CTH?

I tried to establish from the CTH website whether or not they have UCL but was unsuccessful.

True have the CL, CTH have the Premier League, you're correct.

A sorry state of affairs really.

Thanks mate

If there are any TV geniuses out there.... :)

Do you know of anyone successfully installing Truvision and CTH at the same time?

I'm not much good with the whole TV technology thing yet.

Maybe you think I'm mad but actually I am happy to pay for both, so long as technically I can have them both work on my TV.

I have a Samsung LED TV and the standard Truvisions Set top box, plus I have just ordered a HDMI switch on advice due to TV not having audio out and wanting to connect surround sound system.

I don't indulge much, but am happy to go all out to get all Champions League and EPL - love to watch Arsenal games and UCL!

I just got Truvision Platinum for 2999 which also gave me 30mb broadband which mostly runs at 50mb + the package came with a mobile phone too

Seems CTH is about 1200 so if my total cost is 4200 per month for both TV networks + broadband + a mobile phone that's still pretty good I reckon (especially considering what the equivalent would cost in Australia!)

Doesn't your Surround sound system have HDMI Out?

Or multiple HDMI Ins for that matter?

Nup - just had Red/White inputs so apparently I use a HDMI switch with a Red/White to HDMI cable which is coming on ebay soon

Starting to feel I may be well off topic for this forum though???

No problem hooking up both CTH and True Visions. I do it. A three into one HDMI consolidator will work fine to handle your two satellite boxes and the surround sound amplifier. Pro tem you can use a mix of HDMI and coloured phonos but of course you surrender HD quality through the phonos. You will need two dishes installed unless you want to go for some fancy motorised jobbie (on which I have no info).

Nice to see you are an Arsenal fan. Look forward to seeing you posting on the Arsenal thread.

If you did want to save money, you would find that most of the Arsenal Champions League matches are carried on free to air, if you don't mind getting up at 2 or 3am. Usually not with an English language commentary though and not sure whether they would all be HD.

• Like 1

No problem hooking up both CTH and True Visions. I do it. A three into one HDMI consolidator will work fine to handle your two satellite boxes and the surround sound amplifier. Pro tem you can use a mix of HDMI and coloured phonos but of course you surrender HD quality through the phonos. You will need two dishes installed unless you want to go for some fancy motorised jobbie (on which I have no info).

Nice to see you are an Arsenal fan. Look forward to seeing you posting on the Arsenal thread.

If you did want to save money, you would find that most of the Arsenal Champions League matches are carried on free to air, if you don't mind getting up at 2 or 3am. Usually not with an English language commentary though and not sure whether they would all be HD.

Hugely appreciated!

Bring on the manure game :) Van Gaal is going down

Football Today is now only 90 mins (19:30 - 21:00 Mon - Fri) compared to 2 hours last season. sad.png Must be devastating for you Curbs fans.

The News prog is still on at the same times (and still 30 mins).

Football Today is now only 90 mins (19:30 - 21:00 Mon - Fri) compared to 2 hours last season. sad.png Must be devastating for you Curbs fans.

The News prog is still on at the same times (and still 30 mins).

Better. 2 hours was a drag. 2 minutes is enough of Curbzzzzzzz.

I don't agree with that Upthee, although I know it is a widely shared view. I'll try and justify why and you can then decide whether it's just that I've got different or cr@ppy taste or whether its because you haven't given it a chance laugh.png

• there are a few good US series on FXHD. I like Homeland, Louis ck (qwerky), the Norwegian thingy who's name I now can't remember as its not in season at the moment. Used to like soaps (way way back!) like Corrie, so I can take an occasional bout of Nurse Jackie and Californication too. I recognise that most Brits hate US series. period. Even the made for telly HBO-type films can be ok
  • not very often but occasionally good films that are in the range 2-10 years old that I missed first time around come onto Fox Action or Fox Movies. Watched Redford and Christie in "The Company You Keep" last week. I'm getting older (them even more so) but the memories of my playing at student radicalism in the early 70s came flooding back.
  • my kid likes the occasional Fox Family movie and it teaches her some English (thank god - I don't seem to be able to attract her attention long enough to seriously teach
  • Sky News is good to dip into to update what's going on in the UK. BBC World on True is better for international stuff
  • I enjoy an occasional gasp in horror at Fox News (red neck ultra right Republican propoganda, but always good to know what the extremist idiots are thinking of next and to be glad you come from somewhere other than the US*)
  • Nat Geo History and their natural history programmes are occasionally interesting

Maybe you've hit the wrong buttons and come up with the lifestyle channels that show the total mindless $hite about cooking/property/antiques. 'Cup Cakes War' - watch that one once in your life and marvel at how extremely low television can go to produce cheap content. What next - competitive nose-picking - hey I think I could sell that one!

*Actually it's a better place to live in than to observe from the outside - love the place (minus the politics) really.

CTH EPL coverage is very good and I like the PLTV show.

The rest of CTH is total CRAP!

Cable TV is rubbish all over the world. What exactly are you expecting or feel that they are not showing? Apart from HBO and CNBC I would say that CTH have pretty much everything that you would expect.

If you want to watch 'proper' TV then you need to subscribe to Thaiexpat tv. I have it, but I don't watch anything on there either, accept the very occassional thing that I get wind is good, like Happy Valley for example..