CTH ,a new season,what can we expect ?

Sparkles

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Little Englander? Only what comes out of the UK is any good? smile.png

Getting all patronising now are we Mr worldwide.

Like I say I don't watch UKTV, but is it better than cable tv?? Only an idiot would say no.

UK TV is nothing more than shit like Jeremy Kyle, crap soaps and quiz shows these days.

You are talking out of your behind.

Like I say I don't watch UKTV, but is it better than cable tv?? Only an idiot would say no.

UK TV is nothing more than shit like Jeremy Kyle, crap soaps and quiz shows these days.

And there it is....you mentioned The Jeremy Kyle show to try to prove your point...oh so very cliched and predictable, you really must do better.

I can only assume that you are one of these people that likes American cable tv trash. Crack on..

And there it is....you mentioned The Jeremy Kyle show to try to prove your point...oh so very cliched and predictable, you really must do better.

I can only assume that you are one of these people that likes American cable tv trash. Crack on..

No, I said: "Jeremy Kyle, crap soaps and quiz shows" and I'm guessing from your response that you religiously watch all three.

Myself I quite like watching cable channels such as Discovery Science, Crime & Investigation, National Geographic and the original content from Showtime and HBO such as Ray Donovan, Boardwalk Empire, True Detective, Homeland, etc.

So what's the problem with cable TV - you can't afford it or something? or is it too edumafacational for you?

You do come across as a thickie sometimes, so perhaps your TV diet explains it.

If you think that Chic then your the one talking out of there arse !

Sorry mate, I did some channel surfing when I was home in June. British TV output now is 90% low budget crap. There was even a quiz show based on those coin drop machines you used to get at the pier arcade. Pitiful.

Even Sky are making better stuff than BBC and ITV sometimes, especially in the documentary department, which says it all.

The British TV industry is like the British film industry, for every The King's Speech there are twenty mockney crime movies with Danny <deleted> Dyer in them.

Utter Rubbish.

I went back to the UK last month and there was a program called Benefits Britain. That was enough for me to want to scurry on out of there for good

Best stay out of Patts then mate...half of them are spending their 'hard earned' Ch5 cash on Soi Bukhaobiggrin.png

I watch a lot of American series, I can't actually keep up

Currently watching Orange is the New Black, recently House of Cards with Kevin Spacey, binged on many old Dexter and thought True Detective was absolutely superb.....I enjoy American stuff very much, but I still think that apart from EPL, that CTH is crap. I guess we agree to disagree. smile.png

• Like 1

I went back to the UK last month and there was a program called Benefits Britain. That was enough for me to want to scurry on out of there for good

Best stay out of Patts then mate...half of them are spending their 'hard earned' Ch5 cash on Soi Bukhaobiggrin.png

What the Romanians and Polish etc are going to the uk, getting their benefits and spending it on Soi Boukhaow!!

• Like 1

Currently watching Orange is the New Black, recently House of Cards with Kevin Spacey, binged on many old Dexter and thought True Detective was absolutely superb.....I enjoy American stuff very much, but I still think that apart from EPL, that CTH is crap. I guess we agree to disagree. smile.png

House of cards was great. Orange is the new black was ok. Haven't managed to quite like True Detective yet. Suits is good. The Blacklist was brill. Hannibal was good. In Saudi we are flooded with American series and a lot of em are pretty good to be fair

What the Romanians and Polish etc are going to the uk, getting their benefits and spending it on Soi Boukhaow!!

Should have watched more episodes Mr BJ wink.png

House of cards was great. Orange is the new black was ok. Haven't managed to quite like True Detective yet. Suits is good. The Blacklist was brill. Hannibal was good. In Saudi we are flooded with American series and a lot of em are pretty good to be fair

Have you see how much stick Bein are getting for not showing all the games?!

Is it the same situation as last year? Just one game?

Should have watched more episodes Mr BJ wink.png

One episode was plenty Wilai

• Like 1

Yep, only one of the 3pm games.

They claim they've "fixed the piracy problems" but the truth is they are broadcasting all over Europe and people are buying their cards/boxes to save money.

• Like 1

Sorry mate, I did some channel surfing when I was home in June. British TV output now is 90% low budget crap. There was even a quiz show based on those coin drop machines you used to get at the pier arcade. Pitiful.

Even Sky are making better stuff than BBC and ITV sometimes, especially in the documentary department, which says it all.

The British TV industry is like the British film industry, for every The King's Speech there are twenty mockney crime movies with Danny <deleted> Dyer in them.

Utter Rubbish.

The fact that you liked the kings speech tells me all I need to know.

Utter Rubbish.

The fact that you liked the kings speech tells me all I need to know.

Do share what it was it told you. Then I'll know what you think of me too, just out of interest ... I can take it!

Yep, only one of the 3pm games.

They claim they've "fixed the piracy problems" but the truth is they are broadcasting all over Europe and people are buying their cards/boxes to save money.

Bladdy heck I too thought it was all sorted. I must admit it didn't really affect City that much last year due to early/late/rescheduled kick off's etc but when we did play a Saturday 3pm kick off it was a pain.

You must be talking about afternoon TV Chic !!!

A selection from Monday evening : Fake Britain, New Tricks, The Hairy Bikers, Horizon, Dispatches,Royal Marines, Police Interceptors, Top Gear, A Touch of Frost, Murder she Wrote, Great War Diaries, Dragons Den, The Vice

Adds up to about 13 hrs so a bit more than Jeremy Kyle, crap soaps and quiz shows.

You must be talking about afternoon TV Chic !!!

A selection from Monday evening : Fake Britain, New Tricks, The Hairy Bikers, Horizon, Dispatches,Royal Marines, Police Interceptors, Top Gear, A Touch of Frost, Murder she Wrote, Great War Diaries, Dragons Den, The Vice

Adds up to about 13 hrs so a bit more than Jeremy Kyle, crap soaps and quiz shows.

With all that on TV, I find it hard to understand why the pubs are all closing down tongue.png

Absolute S***

Just signed up to Truvisions Platinum

One minute they said the Arsenal vs Besiktas game was at 12:30pm, then say changed it to 1pm-3pm, then they showed only 15 minutes coverage between 12:30-12:45pm

No commentary, no score or time on the screen, no lineups

The free videos on the Arsenal website are better!!!

Absolute S***

PLEEEEEASE tell me that CTH is better and that they also show the Champions League???

Edited by Tuskfish

Absolute S***

Just signed up to Truvisions Platinum

One minute they said the Arsenal vs Besiktas game was at 12:30pm, then say changed it to 1pm-3pm, then they showed only 15 minutes coverage between 12:30-12:45pm

No commentary, no score or time on the screen, no lineups

The free videos on the Arsenal website are better!!!

Absolute S***

PLEEEEEASE tell me that CTH is better and that they also show the Champions League???

Aw shoot. Don't know whether I should add to your misery, but your training needs take priority over sensitivity!

True Visions is fine. The full match was advertised as being on TS 2 HD channel (I know - I checked it myself on the on-screen Electronic Programme Guide so that the right channel would come up when I blearily emerged form bed to switch the match on). T'was there in full with proper English commentary in glorious HD. The replays of last nights matches are being shown today and also a one hour long highlights programme of all the 6 or so matches from last night - Kopenhagen v Bayer Leverkusen and Napoli v Bilbao were greta matches too. Tomorrow will be the same for tonights ties and thereafter over the following days you will still be getting replays and the highlights programmes. The only criticism I have about True is that it's difficult to tell which match is which on the on-screen guide - they often use "Match 001" rather than identifying the teams. I need to work out if their code is consistent and unencryptable! Secondly, the summary highlights hour is not commentated at all - you just get the match noise. I seem to recall that there might also be a magazine-style commented/pundited version later in the week

So, you need to get acquainted with the EPG. Press 'Guide' on the remote and scroll down to channel 666 "TS HD" - that's where the TS HD sports channels start and home of the Champions league.

You did the right thing buying True - it is the only provider with comprehensive CL coverage. You only needed the Gold package though. Some games (maybe most of the Arsenal ones will be made available to the Thai free to air channels but an English language commentary can't be guaranteed and sometimes maybe not HD (though I think that most of the fta channels have an HD version now -not sure of quality as good as True).

• Like 1