School totally screwed my ED visa renewal

It is difficult right now due to ongoing developments with ED visas, the future is unclear as things are very fluid, a few things to note in general,

You are not buying a visa, you are buying lessons, the visa assistance is to help you study and is provided at no cost.

Triple the workload at the MOE means you need to not leave applications to the last minute, paperwork is taking 5-6 weeks, previously 2-3 weeks.

The schools are not responsible for changes to visa rules, the information given by schools is current when provided.

In pattaya its up to 3 weeks still

It is difficult right now due to ongoing developments with ED visas, the future is unclear as things are very fluid, a few things to note in general,

You are not buying a visa, you are buying lessons, the visa assistance is to help you study and is provided at no cost.

Triple the workload at the MOE means you need to not leave applications to the last minute, paperwork is taking 5-6 weeks, previously 2-3 weeks.

The schools are not responsible for changes to visa rules, the information given by schools is current when provided.

I wonder what do they expect students to do? Just leave the country for 5+ weeks until the paperwork is processed?

Seems incredibly short sighted policy.
The schools have no control over the time it takes the MOE to issue the paperwork, the workload is high due to the recent changes and this could not be foreseen by anyone.
Thing is if they ever send it out

Business in Pattaya? Me thinks you are applying for the wrong visa....

That's right.
Everyone knows when it comes to Pattaya and visas, multiple entry is the go.

Business might be in thai name with thai employees how about that

It seems you got caught in the middle of rule changes the apparently caused your first application to be rejected.
Perhaps they will be able to get your paperwork pushed quicker than normal. If not it might mean going out for a new visa.

Its possible to pay fee to MOD to put ur aplication on top. I heard that...

Business in Pattaya? Me thinks you are applying for the wrong visa....

That's right.
Everyone knows when it comes to Pattaya and visas, multiple entry is the go.

Business might be in thai name with thai employees how about that

Roxanne said 'sure'

I accept it's to late to fix it now, with only 2 weeks on my current visa left.
Trying to get a full refund but seems they will not.

U could still get in in pattaya in 2 weeks and pay fee to mod for quick service. I think they got that option cuz i was told.

I wonder what do they expect students to do? Just leave the country for 5+ weeks until the paperwork is processed?

Seems incredibly short sighted policy.

The schools have no control over the time it takes the MOE to issue the paperwork, the workload is high due to the recent changes and this could not be foreseen by anyone.

Clearly it was not forseen by policy makers but they knew they going to be forcing a lot of people to get new MOE certification.

Really that is not predictable? They didn't pick up the phone and call MOE and inquire if they could handle a huge amount of applications?

Why not grant in country extensions with receipt tuition to give students a buffer to not be hugely inconvenienced?

U could still get in in pattaya in 2 weeks and pay fee to mod for quick service. I think they got that option cuz i was told.

Pattaya is taking up to 4 weeks currently, but this could increase, also as the case had to be transferred from Bangkok it would take longer. Getting a visa fast tracked is not normally possible.

Yeah, me visa renewal in the time frame is not possible, though if they had contacted me maybe a week ago and told me to apply again to leave etc, I could of done it, but they told me they were waiting for paper work.

Only today I was told I need to apply again.

Yeah, me visa renewal in the time frame is not possible, though if they had contacted me maybe a week ago and told me to apply again to leave etc, I could of done it, but they told me they were waiting for paper work.

The rules in Pattaya have only changed in the past few days, any applications that were pending extension became not valid and the only option is to get a new ED visa outside the country, which the school is able to assist with, this is why you would have only being contacted today as the school would have only just found out from the MOE.

Pattaya is taking up to 4 weeks currently, but this could increase, also as the case had to be transferred from Bangkok it would take longer. Getting a visa fast tracked is not normally possible.
Its takes 3 weeks in pattaya.
I know people got it pretty quick just now...

Not visa fast tracked but ur aplication in MOD. So guess 1 week but i dont know its official way or sideways..

The rules in Pattaya have only changed in the past few days, any applications that were pending extension became not valid and the only option is to get a new ED visa outside the country, which the school is able to assist with, this is why you would have only being contacted today as the school would have only just found out from the MOE.
He applied for new visa in new school right

He applied for new visa in new school right

No, it is an extension of stay, the rules changed in Bangkok, so 3 options were leave the country to get a new visa, take a test or transfer to Pattaya, the transfer to Pattaya was selected, then during the MOE process the rules in Pattaya changed meaning that a new visa would be needed as extensions over 1 year were no longer allowed.

Its takes 3 weeks in pattaya.
I know people got it pretty quick just now...

Not visa fast tracked but ur aplication in MOD. So guess 1 week but i dont know its official way or sideways..

The schools are telling me 4 weeks as of today, the processing of the paperwork at the MOE for the visa cannot be fast tracked, to be clearer.

Lots of students got screwed before when a major university in Chiang Mai kicked out foreigners and stole their money also. Hope this doesn't become a trend

The difference is that in this case nobody has been taken for any money.