Phuket beach bars pulled down after deadline expires

webfact

Phuket beach bars pulled down after deadline expires
Darawan Naknakhon

1408011779_1-org.jpg
Officials begin work on the Windsurf restaurant.

PHUKET: -- Hundreds of officials, soldiers and Navy sailor today descended on beaches along Patong Bay and began tearing down four illegal restaurants.

At Tritrang beach they completed demolition of the Tri Trang Restaurant, which had already been part-demolished by the owners, and also started pulling down the nearby, and still intact, Windsurf restaurant.

On Patong Beach they visited the Patong Bay Garden Resort, prepared to issue an order to tear down the resort's restaurant, but management produiced papers they said were proof of the restaurant's legitimacy.

An army excavator, brrought in to demolish the restaurant spent time instead leveling sand next to the restaurant.

At Kalim Beach, they found that the owner of the White Box had complied with demands to reduce the height of the buoilding and remove a deck.

The raiding party was led by Vice-Governor Jamroen Thippayapongtada and Patong Mayor Chalermluk Kebsap.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-beach-bars-pulled-down-after-deadline-expires-47865.php

[pn]2014-08-14[/pn]

• Like 2

When will the Or Bor Tors be held accountable? Cherng Telay Chief Mary Ann oversaw about 5 miles of encroachment on his watch. Yet anyone believe he had no  finger in the pie? 

I finally agree with you. They all had a very large slice of the pie. 

^   Which is why I really do not see positive change with the new sheriff in town. It's all just aesthetics  and the roots of the  corruption tree are not being pulled out.

Indeed, to continue with the metaphor, the canopy  is  drawing up the  fertilizer and showing  renewed growth.

Edited by EBlair48
  • Like 2

Or bor tors need to be held accountable and their bank accounts checked.  Guaranteed all of them were on the take to turn a blind eye to blatant encroachment.  Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder could have seen the encroachment just by bumping into structures that shouldn't be there.

Patong Bay Garden is full of ***** about the extended building to stop erosion and it being legal.  Of course ex mayor and convict Pian had has hand in on that to get approval since his family owns it!

Supposedly each restaurant has to pay 300 baht/day per person for the demolition.

• Like 1

The is a. Report on another phuket news site within an article saying they will cut the power to the remaining surin beach clubs saying that Lotus restaurant and the palm beach club were torn down yesterday. On the lotus web site there is an "urgent message " banner saying the restaurant that's been closed by order of the army.

Anyone know if this is correct?

Who ever wrote that seriously needs a proof reader...

Ouch I'm embarrassed. I just read what I wrote and even I can't understand it. Sorry about that, I didn't check the post before hitting add reply.

Most importantly: you were correct.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

^   Which is why I really do not see positive change with the new sheriff in town. It's all just aesthetics  and the roots of the  corruption tree are not being pulled out.

Indeed, to continue with the metaphor, the canopy  is  drawing up the  fertilizer and showing  renewed growth.

"and the roots of the  corruption tree are not being pulled out."

...there ya go Einstein.....corruption is a cultural thing....perhaps it is even genetic.....you can cut it off on the top, but you won't be killing the root.  Killing the root will involve years of reform and education....something Thailand is NEVER going to be committed to.....Thailand can not commit to anything long lasting....