Police nab five in Patong drug sting

Lite Beer

Police nab five in Patong drug sting
Eakkapop Thongtub

1408156668_1.jpg

PHUKET: Kathu police officers last night arrested five Thais and charged them all with possesion of category 1 drugs, with two of the suspects also charged with intent to sale.

Acting on a tipoff about a male and female duo suspected of selling drugs to both Thais and tourists, undercover officers from Kathu Police Station drove to Phuket's premier party town yesterday evening to stage some purchases.

By 8pm, the sting had yielded five arrests as follows.

Mr Thanawut “Kaek” Malimat, 31, was booked for possessing, and intending to sell 19 Ya Ba meth pills, two bags of Ya Ice (Crystal Meth) weighing 0.7 grammes and five bags of Ice weighing 0.40g – all category 1 drugs.

Mr Santi “Ping” Macheun, 24, was busted with possession of 13 ya ba pills.

Ms Aoithip “Amy” Khunsuwanchai, 32, Ms Nisa “Eew” Sisaket, 32, Mr Suthi “Man” Jun were all processed for each possessing a bag of Ice weighing 0.3g.

Mr Suthi was also slapped with an “intent to sell” charge.
The arrests compliment authorities drive to clean up the notorious image of one of Phuket's prime bread baskets.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-nab-five-in-patong-drug-sting-47904.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-08-16

Oh big whoop. Where're all the arrests of all the big cashed up suppliers then? They've some sort of impunity or something? Or did these kids just pop off up to the meth labs in the North and purchase a few samples to sell on? Christ.

I agree. Whoop dee doo was the first thing that came into my head too. If the police are really serious they need to show some Mr Bigs of the drug game in handcuffs & no bail.

• Like 1

Oh big whoop. Where're all the arrests of all the big cashed up suppliers then? They've some sort of impunity or something? Or did these kids just pop off up to the meth labs in the North and purchase a few samples to sell on? Christ.

From experience, small fry often cough up names, addresses, ID's, etc. of the bigger fish. Sometimes it is difficult to see a bigger picture when ones vision is limited.

Christ, or any other entity had nothing to do with this...most likely.

Edited by Benmart

I agree. Whoop dee doo was the first thing that came into my head too. If the police are really serious they need to show some Mr Bigs of the drug game in handcuffs & no bail.

I believe that some "Mr. Bigs" have been nabbed. Google "Big drugs busts in Thailand 2014" on the web. Edited by Benmart
  • Like 1

I believe that some "Mr. Bigs" have been nabbed. Google "Big drugs busts in Thailand 2014" on the web.

There have been some big drug seizures, but, for all those kilos and kilos or drugs, the guy caught transporting them, in no way was the financier of the product.

That's the "Mr. Big" that have to get, if you want to shut down a major syndicate. The guy with the money to buy the product, transport it, cut is down, and then distribute it - all the while, reaping the profits.