beerlao macro

evenstevens

bought beerlao dark lager today ,at mae rim branch, from memory 1140baht  case ,sure packs a nice punch @ 6.5 %

also  available was the lager,1040 baht a case,a pallett of each was on the floor for sale,

been sometime since it been stocked at this branch

a beerlao dark ,evening to allbiggrin.png

• Like 2

I've had a few that had a bit of a Benzene taste to them......I don't believe you can verify their age.

Wrong. Maybe you got a Chinese copy. Have a bottle of Dark in front of me "Manufactured April 2014. Best before April 2015" stamped on the lable.

I try to avoid regular beers that are over 6 months old, but a 6.5% lager probably will last a year - generally the higher the alcohol the longer it stays fresh tasting,
but my case (bought Makro Ubon) will be lucky to survive August 2014laugh.png

• Like 1

Hope to find at Makro in Hang Dong (near Big C) - anyone confirm?

Sometimes in stock, sometimes not.

Last time i seen it available it was 890-ish for pale ale and 1050 for dark. Very nice drops...

Last time must be about 6 months ago then, because that is when it went above 1100 Baht for a box.

Hope to find at Makro in Hang Dong (near Big C) - anyone confirm?

Sometimes in stock, sometimes not.

Last time i seen it available it was 890-ish for pale ale and 1050 for dark. Very nice drops...

Last time must be about 6 months ago then, because that is when it went above 1100 Baht for a box.

Possibly, not 100 % sure. Off the smokes 8 months so not really interested in beer either for now. So at least 8 months ago, lol.

but 615 thb for a case of Tiger yai at Makro......wouldn't buy the Lao if it was 700.

with no malice intended at all,just some jest

yous amercians would nt know a good beer,   fancy taking the mickey out of beelao dark ,perhaps too mutch leo in your system????

and fellas,the lower prices u are quoting ,were before the last tax excise rise,which must be closer to one year then 6 months

remember the regime saying the reason for the approx 20% hike, was that too many thais were drinking too mutch

fantastic logic,along the lines of the felon putting the  no achol sold window times many years ago

its a beerlao dark good morning to alll

Well gee whiz & doggone! It's Makro, the store . . . ! I love the dark Beer Lao, but I saw the topic and hoped I might be able to open up Excel or Word, record a quick macro (how complicated would it have to be?), run it, and just watch the bottles pop out & toss 'em in the fridge. Shoulda known, if it sounds too good to be true, probably . . .

but 615 thb for a case of Tiger yai at Makro......wouldn't buy the Lao if it was 700.

with no malice intended at all,just some jest

yous amercians would nt know a good beer,   fancy taking the mickey out of beelao dark ,perhaps too mutch leo in your system????

and fellas,the lower prices u are quoting ,were before the last tax excise rise,which must be closer to one year then 6 months

remember the regime saying the reason for the approx 20% hike, was that too many thais were drinking too mutch

fantastic logic,along the lines of the felon putting the  no achol sold window times many years ago

its a beerlao dark good morning to alll

they sell Beer Lao in America, too, along with at least 1000 other beers.  At 4000 Kip or 50 cents, while having the misfortune of being in Laos, generally on visa business, I would do it.  Laos is a lot like Cambodia....you can't let your guard down for a moment; refilled water bottles, fake casios, bug infested candy.....rip-off hotel rooms, the police make BiB look like Eagle Scouts..........I'm sure a lot of the malcontents from the Western world like it because it is simply from a Communist Country; and not Thailand.  It's a tax rip-off.........

another thread decimated,from the opening post, which was placed to be  to be helpful , as beerlao at times, is difficult to buy

but in come the bully boys,   posts #15 and# 16  ( and one post removed), so be itbiggrin.png

a nice high noon to allsmile.png

another thread decimated,from the opening post, which was placed to be  to be helpful , as beerlao at times, is difficult to buy

but in come the bully boys,   posts #15 and# 16  ( and one post removed), so be itbiggrin.png

You posted it.

And you expect no answers / opinions?

Or did you post it to troll for reactions?

You posted it.

And you expect no answers / opinions?

Or did you post it to troll for reactions?

many thks for the above, it would be ever so nice, to hassle someone else

But, if you are drinking four month old Lao...just how many times do you think it has been heated up to over 100F, then cooled down, then reheated.......it takes a toll.  My local bar is selling Leos that are less than two weeks old.....Khon Kaen had some that were only 2 days old...it makes a difference.  There is nothing on this planet that I would trust the Laotians with more than I would trust the Singaporeans.  Two week old, gold medal winning Tiger large, or 4 month old Lao lek, made famous by tattooed visa runners?  Also, the practicality of drinking dark beer in a somewhat extremely hot climate???

Actually, Thailander, I don't care much about the life history of a bottle of Lao beer. I just drink it for the taste which I find much, much, better than any Thai beer. 

And, of course, I just go wild about anything from a communist country.xwacko.png.pagespeed.ic.jGW10VtQsI.png

If that is/was actually the case, then Thai beer REALLY needs a wake-up call.  Lao lager is a great beer, a huge improvement of many of the Thai beers ( perhaps a lesson there for Singha and Chang).  The dark, could be an acquired taste for some, but I happen to like it.  Is just wish Kevin would stock it...

But, if you are drinking four month old Lao...just how many times do you think it has been heated up to over 100F, then cooled down, then reheated.......it takes a toll.  My local bar is selling Leos that are less than two weeks old.....Khon Kaen had some that were only 2 days old...it makes a difference.  There is nothing on this planet that I would trust the Laotians with more than I would trust the Singaporeans.  Two week old, gold medal winning Tiger large, or 4 month old Lao lek, made famous by tattooed visa runners?  Also, the practicality of drinking dark beer in a somewhat extremely hot climate???

I've had a few that had a bit of a Benzene taste to them......I don't believe you can verify their age.

Wrong. Maybe you got a Chinese copy. Have a bottle of Dark in front of me "Manufactured April 2014. Best before April 2015" stamped on the lable.

I try to avoid regular beers that are over 6 months old, but a 6.5% lager probably will last a year - generally the higher the alcohol the longer it stays fresh tasting,
but my case (bought Makro Ubon) will be lucky to survive August 2014laugh.png

I just purchased a few cases of the dark from Makro in Ubon, can you indicate whare on the label it has the best before date ?. I just checked and can find zero.

Actually, Thailander, I don't care much about the life history of a bottle of Lao beer. I just drink it for the taste which I find much, much, better than any Thai beer. 

And, of course, I just go wild about anything from a communist country.xwacko.png.pagespeed.ic.jGW10VtQsI.png

I agree. Beer Lao is my favorite beer (in this part of the world...). I like both both dark and amber but lately have been buying the amber beer. Much tastier than any of the Thai beers, Tiger, etc. Yes it sells out quick at Makro. Never paid attention to the date.

• Like 1