CTH Ubon

DreamRider

Firstly can I apologise if this subject has been broached of late; I must have missed it!

Basically, is there an established, tangible premises/shop where one can go to re-validate a CTH contract.

My last one was terminated 3 months before it's expiry date because I had to prove the validity of my contract.

We found the CTH agent in a shop off Chayangun Road, which was basically a lady sitting behind a table, on which sat a pile of contracts, in the left third of a dress shop.

Surely, surely there must be a more professional outfit than that.

When I signed up last September, the installation guy just gave me a work order with a couple of phone numbers on it .... that was it.

I want a place that will issue a proper contract/receipt, a contact for back-up service and a guarantee that I will not have the burden of proof of validity 9 months down the line.

If it wasn't for their sole rights to the Premier League I wouldn't be bothering with this shower of dung.

Any pointers for the Ubon region will be gratefully received.

Thanks, Chris

"proper contract/receipt"

"back-up service"

"guarantee"

I always knew you were a funny man Chris smile.png

I was aiming high Andrew with the hopes that what would be provided would be approaching the professionalism of True .... maybe aiming too high!!!

The CTH "Helpline" or whatever they cal themselves are utter boneheads.

Gerbil Jason might be able to provide pointers, and I'll see who Barry "The Remote Warrior" uses.

I'm taking a calculated risk of watching for free (year 2) until they ask me for money.

If they get shirty later and refuse to reconnect me I can always sign up with GMM*, though I'm not convinced GMM's HD signal is quite as good as CTH's and I know I would miss some of the other CTH content not carried by GMM.

*GMM and CTH have merged their broadcasting operations and both now show the 6 Stadium channels that carry the English Premier League and some other sports. GMM's "Gold +EPL HD" satellite offering is about the same price as CTH's product - both around ฿1,000 a month.

May I give you another thought to consider....

My phone contract is with AIS and includes 3G internet. Well for an extra monthly rental of 299 baht I could receive all of the premier league games live on my phone.

If I hadn't already paid for the three years contract then I may have considered finding a way of connecting my iphone to my tv and not bothering with CTH as I only ever use it to watch the footy anyway.

Think about it....300 baht a month and you can watch it anywhere.

HL biggrin.png

You would find that you could not get the signal from the mobile to the TV. Apparently it has blocking in the App to prevent that - otherwise CTH (who provide the content legally to AIS) would have been licensing their more expensive product into oblivion. I read this elsewhere on ThaiV.

• 2 weeks later...

Having returned from 2 months away in Qatar I found that I had been re-connected, all stations firing on all cylinders.

Returned to the "Dress Shop" to inquire about continuing the contract, only to be told that the branch in question was winding down their CTH operation.

Called the Call Center #1619, they couldn't have been more helpful, and that there were now NO CTH agencies in Ubon.

Using their Bangkok Bank arrangement I topped up for the coming year, backed it up with an email c/w scans of contract, transfer receipt.

Next day I received a call from Call Center confirming receipt and two hours later received a confirmation email.

They promised hands-on-heart that I wouldn't be messed around again .... and I believe them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow all good to go for the next E/BPL season, Sky News, my lunchtime murder on Crime Investigation and Parking Wars!!!