Thai Hotel Association believes junta's beach crackdown will lure tourists back

webfact

Well I like what the NCPO has started... It is a great step and will need much more to clean up the beaches and image of Thailand. It all take time to undo sometime that has been let gone wild... I just hope that they will come here to Samui and do a LOT of cleaning house... It is in desperate need...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patong Beach last Sunday was dirty like a dumpster. Trash all over the beach and no officials cleaning up.

Jet Ski, Parasail in full swing and people have to sit on the ( dirty ) sand, as chairs for rent are banned.

Really, better than Hawaii...

Well they did not say they were going to pick up after the messy tourists.

I agree with you I far and away prefer a beach chair one I can stretch out on. I don't really see that being a problem for tourists as long as the price is reasonable. Yes it would be nice if they would clean up the beaches. But that is not the Army's job. Call your local garbage man for that.wai.gif

When I first came to Thailand I was in the city. I didn't see any beaches until I was "established' if you like.

Anyhow I travelled with my Thai family to Rayong or further down from there. Somewhere we found a beach.

The parking area was reminiscent of a parking area near the beach and so on. We walked to the beach.

However I couldn't see the beach because the umbrellas were clustered up and down the sand for "miles" about.

I found it amazing. I walked a couple of metres and some shitty water washed on me. We ate a meal there under the million umbrellas and off we went. My Thai family were happy that finally they had taken me to the beach. It is one of the few times I have not been able to explain myself to them, my Thai family.

Look, where I come from, Australia, if we want to sit in a deckchair on the beach we bring it with us.

No one scams us, no one says u cannot sit here without a meal. Why cannot Thailand free up its beaches?

Yep on topic. The tourists that want an umbrella covered beach to the water with unhealthy (infected) food may come back but the rest won't.

Regards

• Like 1

I don't get it. Why am I meant to sit on a beach with out a chair, umbrella and small table? Answer I will not, I will get sun burnt, be uncomfortable in the extreme and have no place to put the ice and drinks.

As for the food, where is that?

We usually stay at the same seaside town, use the same beach vendor and they take special care of us, maybe everyone, but because of their good service we always return. They clean the beach, as it is in their interests to do so.

I am really confused, can anyone explain as I do not wish to drive miles to find the beach I love has become a photo opportunity, empty of any facilities!

You are confusing a public beach with a private resort/hotel

If you want to sit and drink and eat and be pampered find a hotel with a pool

How you restore the confidence of tourists when at the same time at the floating market foreign tourist officially have to pay 2.5 times the price Thais have to pay? Does the new constitution will have a section which guarantees the superiority of the natives over all other humans? Human rights Thai style?

Last time I went to Pattaya floating market, my Thai wife went in free but after parking the car I went in alone. They wanted me to pay for entry so I simply said "No", turned around and started to walk out and called to my wife to come too. I was quickly called back and given free entry. Paying to go into a market and spend money there? I don't think so!

• 1 month later...