Phuket sidecar owner has disturbing way with words

webfact

Phuket sidecar owner has disturbing way with words
The Phuket News

1408361048_1-org.jpg
Ms Somjai's saleng and its disturbing prayer.

PHUKET: -- A photo of “saleng” motorbike with sidecar with a disturbing placard attached to the back of it today (August 18) triggered a hunt for the owner.

The placard on the back of the bike read, in Thai, “Deep South thieves, please bomb Paradise Island to turn it into Hell Island because the work is too heavy and the traffic is terrible.”

The photo was posted in a community group via Line and Facebook this morning and immediately became a hot issue for police.

Wichit Police Deputy Superintendent Lt Col Amphon Jantakul told The Phuket News this afternoon, “Officers have checked the license plate and have found that it belongs to Somjai Sae-Ong, 46, who lives in Wichit Moo 1. We also have her phone number.

“It is not illegal to post whatever you want on your vehicle. But it should not be about security. That might destroy the tourism image [of Phuket] or make anyone who reads it frightened that something might actually happen,” he explained.

Police have been calling Ms Somjai and will visit her home in the home of asking her some stern questions..

“We want to know why she did this. And she should pull it off her saleng ASAP,” Col Amphon said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-sidecar-owner-has-disturbing-way-with-words-47934.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-08-19

“It is not illegal to post whatever you want on your vehicle." ... unless we disagree with it or find it offensive...

Rip off tourists, assault tourists, even KILL tourists and it's all good... but put a sign on your vehicle with a stupid and thoughtless comment and we are going to hunt you down.

Somehow, I think the concept of free speech is misunderstood in this country.

• Like 2

children at play...

the police said:::::: That might destroy the tourism image [of Phuket] cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I think most if not all tourists would look at it-----Not read it----- and think ---- if she is going to sell something she should write it in English as well as Thai!!!!!!!!!

It's uninsured and an illegal vehicle on the roads.

Enforce the law and banish these traffic makers into history.

I find it ironic that complaining about traffic yet it's the slowest mode of transport in the roads.

Edited by hansgruber

Image, and respect for the people around you, should be a common courtesy, especially in a country not your own. I have seen bars in Pattaya with large signs outside them saying "<deleted> YOU BAR" and "<deleted> YOU 2 BAR", and this tells me enough about the owners that I would never dream of going in for a beer. Similarly there is a bar consortium who, for some strange reason known only to themselves, name their bars (translated) "Kiss My A**e". If that shows the level of respect they have for the common working beer drinking customer I,ll take my money elsewhere :)