Jackie Chan's son detained in Beijing for marijuana possession

webfact

Jackie Chan's son detained in Beijing for marijuana possession
Cao Yin
China Daily

Another actor, Kai Ko of Taiwan, also detained for suspected drug use

BEIJING: -- Jaycee Chan, the 32-year-old son of kung <deleted> superstar Jackie Chan, has been detained by police in Beijing after being caught with 100 grams of marijuana, according to media reports.

Chan is one of two actors who have become the latest targets of Beijing's anti-drug campaign, the reports said.

Police said they confiscated more than 100 grams of marijuana at Jaycee Chan's home and later arrested another man surnamed Song, who allegedly sold the drugs to the pair.

The other actor detained is Kai Ko, 23, from Taiwan, who rose to stardom for his role in the movie You "Are the Apple of My Eye". He was detained for suspected drug use in the capital's Dongcheng district on Thursday, Beijing Public Security Bureau said on its micro blog on Monday.

Angie Chai, head of Ko's brokerage company, said on her micro-blog that Ko would be detained for 14 days.

Police said Jaycee Chan was under criminal detention for allegedly hosting others to take drugs, while Ko was under administrative detention.

Under the law, people taking more than 50 grams of drugs face penalties ranging from three years in prison to death.

On Aug 13, the Beijing Trade Association for Performances along with other performance groups signed an affirmation to prohibit narcotics in the city's entertainment industry. They promised not to cast or organize performers with a history of drug use in any performances.

On Aug 4, actor Gao Hu and three others, suspected of using drugs separately in Chaoyang district, including about 7 grams of marijuana and 1 gram of methamphetamine, were detained, police said, adding that all of them had confessed.

Three days earlier, actor Zhang Mo, the son of director and actor Zhang Guoli, was detained for allegedly taking drugs. Zhang Mo was detained for the same reason in 2012.

Director Zhang Yuan and scriptwriter Ning Caishen, also known as Chen Wanning, were detained for drug use in June.

Chen, 39, was detained for 10 days after police found 1.5 grams of drugs in his apartment in Chaoyang.

In May, singer Li Daimo was sentenced to nine months in prison for hosting a crystal meth party at his Chaoyang home.

Since January, more than 7,800 people have been detained for taking drugs in Beijing, an increase of about 72 per cent year-on-year, police said.

Source: http://www.asianewsnet.net/news-63510.html

ann.jpg
-- ANN 2014-08-19

Funny I saw in Yunnan it growing right by the side of the road, in rows and smelling like a skunk, very obvious and I think the local cops must've known what it was. I guess they have a crackdown attitude in BJ.

Yes ! And it's sold everywhere without any risk in the whole country...

Very easy when associating with like minded folk to treat the use of these (any) substances as 'normal' and get a bit relaxed about where and when but authorities don't! I'm off to Beijing in 4 weeksso a good timed article to keep me on my toes.

A large percentage of creative types have and will always alter their perceptions and conciousness, it is part of who they are, the sooner that all societies accept this reality the world will be a better place.

Yeah, and given the history of Taoism and modern medicine- " You, go eat tree bark, you eat pangolin scales, you ingest shale ground to a fine powder, you, drink this brew we boiled up from dried up roots and a manky-old dead lizard. How do you feel? I feel hot, Very good, eating pangolin scales makes you hot."

Surely they know. This is the plant they have ignored for many physical ailments? Henry Ford made a whole car, made the fuel, this is hardly news in the States anymore......

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Great that they were busted. I hope they all get the maximum sentence.

burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gifburp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif weed smoking scum. Give me another bear!

Great that they were busted. I hope they all get the maximum sentence.

What a wonker. Actually I read they have a bad problem with methylamphetamine in Beijing, it is a scourge just like everywhere else in Asia. In fact a few months ago there was a study published surveying the percentages of meth metabolites in the Beijing sewage, across all the seasons and so forth. I suspect it comes from N Korea if not Myanmar.

Funny I saw in Yunnan it growing right by the side of the road, in rows and smelling like a skunk, very obvious and I think the local cops must've known what it was. I guess they have a crackdown attitude in BJ.

Yes ! And it's sold everywhere without any risk in the whole country...

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope." - Freewheelin' Frank

• Like 1