Mae Sai Border

I have been doing 5 visa run to Maesai border up in north Thailand and never ever been told to show money(10000 baht for 30 days) for re-entry. Today I did my 6thVisarun and this time I was required to show them 10000 baht in cash. So just be aware of the game! :o

Very true mr. danclaesson.

As i was told yesterday by a visa runner here in Mai Sai, there were loads of officials when coming back from tachilek.

Telling everybody that you can only do the visa run (mountly) 4 times in a row.

Enybody knows about this.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a different cash display amount for one on a multi-entry OA?

A multi entry O-A visa allows a one year stay so you would not normally be making a visa run. The multi entry non immigrant O visa only allows a 90 day stay for each entry so perhaps you are talking about that? Evidence of adequate finance ( 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family ) is the requirement for non immigrant visas.

I have been doing 5 visa run to Maesai border up in north Thailand and never ever been told to show money(10000 baht for 30 days) for re-entry. Today I did my 6thVisarun and this time I was required to show them 10000 baht in cash. So just be aware of the game! :o

No game here.

Adequetly posted here nearly a year ago, with signs in Engish posted at the immigration booth.

You may be required to show 10,000 baht on tourist visa or 20,000 baht for non immigrant visa and families.

I have done this run many times but only required to show money once.