Thailand expects 4.3 million Chinese visitors this year

webfact

Chinese lanes at 6 airports ??? immigration.

Europeans ?? Just stand in line and wait for the Chinese to pass through quickly, Any one else feels like they are third class people, after all we were the first to put Thai tourism on the map and give this TAT VIP cronies work. They make me sick with this flannel for greed---

Its not greed, its desperation.

TAT needs to keep pushing up the numbers. A singularly Asian trait is that bigger, larger. noiser, more expensive, more lavish etc = better.

Don't feel third class whatever you do. Do you really need immigration / TAT to massage your ego? I doubt it. Let the Chinese have their six lanes. Personally i'm glad they have been separated from the rest.

You think they will stick to their own lanes and queue quietly?

For real!

Really I expect 1 Chinaman with 2 yen and 50 jetski scammers fight over the yen. You a Chinaman going to spend there money here There going want freebies Then pee and poop wherever they want quality tourist. Look want tourism to increase simple offer something to draw them the european market? offer a summer concert season build a proper place to have a concert hire top name bands. Setup food and drink stalls advertise. It takes money to make money. The Stones would be great place to Start if you build it they will come. Call it the Power to the people concert proceeds to help the poor.

When my wife had her Beach Rd Pattaya shop she saw very little benefit from the Chinese tourists. The buses would pull up just a few metres down and like a herd of sheep we could see the tour shepherd guide head them across the road to the waiting speedboats. We figured the Koh Larn vendors would get the lions share of any sales. On the way back the guide would hold them on the beach side till the bus arrived.

The Chinese were no value to us.

The locusts are landing !

Someone asked the questions how the Thais feel about this! From the those I have spoken to the average Thai is not happy about it at all. They have seen how the Chinese behave, loud, rude, insulting - and the way they eat, no respect for Thai culture. They don't know anything about Thai culture before they get here. They are not interested. They are China's newly educated, the "new rich". First generation away from the farmer, the little shop owner. Unlike Westerners they have never traveled before (and I'm not talking about the great Chinese explorers of history), their fathers haven't, their grandfathers haven't.

For those of us who have lived in the Kingdom for more than 20 years (me, 34 years), we have seen the marked negative changes to Thai culture and behaviors, primarily due to the "Amazing Thailand" misguided adventure. Thais recently have expressed that they are concerned about retaining "Thainess", well, if anything is going to do it this invasion certainly will do it.

Let them come. Tourism numbers from the West are declining so it makes sense to focus on Chinese, Indian and Indonesian inbound for Thailand.

SIR

You need a job with the Thai Touist Board

Not really smile.png We all know TAT but for the company I am working we bring in around 35k-40k Chinese tourists to Thailand every year.

Make certain the ladies come without their husbands, Farang will soon change their mind hahahahah

4.3 million..wow ......one chinese person can eat approximatley 25 shrimp in one day,they stay an average of 5 days....4.3 x 25 x 5=...shit thats alot of shrimp...,WERE GOING TO NEED A BIGGER BOAT.

• Like 1

That's great! I hope they will employ teams of people to clean up the spit and various other bodily fluids from the streets and natural attractions. More work for poor Thais in the tourist industry! Win win!