Woman falls onto BTS Mo Chit tracks

webfact

Woman falls onto BTS Mo Chit tracks
By Coconuts Bangkok

fall.jpg?itok=QO9Hil07

Photo: Plebabeple

BANGKOK: -- A woman fell onto the train tracks at BTS Mo Chit this morning.

As the station has not been equipped with the expensive advisement doors found elsewhere, which also help prevent people from falling, the unidentified woman reportedly fainted and landed on the rails at around 8am today.

The guards promptly stopped the train flow, retrieved her from the tracks and carried her up to the station.

The woman only has a minor injury on her right leg. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/08/19/woman-falls-bts-mo-chit-tracks

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-08-19

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How does one of the busiest stations not warrant those fancy advertising / safety doors meanwhile less busy stations have them already?

they're pretty much all busy these days

sometimes i have to wait for train after train to go by waiting for a spot

How does one of the busiest stations not warrant those fancy advertising / safety doors meanwhile less busy stations have them already?

Unfortunately, there are many occasions at stations, like Siam, where the doors remain open at all times; okay so there is still a substantial barrier to prevent people from falling, but there are holes in it every few yards...!!

Unfortunately, there are many occasions at stations, like Siam, where the doors remain open at all times; okay so there is still a substantial barrier to prevent people from falling, but there are holes in it every few yards...!!

Really? I was on it yesterday and at Siam the doors operated properly.

• Like 1

Channel 3 reporter passes out in between railway tracks

799956-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Channel 3 female reporter and announcer passed out and fell in between the railway tracks while waiting to board the train at the BTS Morchit station this morning.

The incident happened at about 8.30 a.m. Tuesday.

The reporter identified later as Miss Warunrat Kalaphand, 27, was standing at the platform when she suddenly passed out and fell in between the rail tracks.

Fortunately she was seen by other passengers and security guards.

Power supply to the railroad was cut and a guard quickly ran to the tracks and remove her out before the train would arrive.

She was later admitted to Kasemrat Prachachuen hospital.

She was neither injured nor suffered any broken bones or bruises. But doctor advised her to stay overnight to check.

She told reporters that she boarded BTS train to work as usual but felt dizzy while waiting for the train.

She tried to walk back to the station but could not make it, and passed out.

(Photo : Internet)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/channel-3-reporter-passes-railway-tracks/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-08-19

Channel 3 reporter passes out in between railway tracks

799956-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Channel 3 female reporter and announcer passed out and fell in between the railway tracks while waiting to board the train at the BTS Morchit station this morning.

The incident happened at about 8.30 a.m. Tuesday.

The reporter identified later as Miss Warunrat Kalaphand, 27, was standing at the platform when she suddenly passed out and fell in between the rail tracks.

Fortunately she was seen by other passengers and security guards.

Power supply to the railroad was cut and a guard quickly ran to the tracks and remove her out before the train would arrive.

She was later admitted to Kasemrat Prachachuen hospital.

She was neither injured nor suffered any broken bones or bruises. But doctor advised her to stay overnight to check.

She told reporters that she boarded BTS train to work as usual but felt dizzy while waiting for the train.

She tried to walk back to the station but could not make it, and passed out.

(Photo : Internet)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/channel-3-reporter-passes-railway-tracks/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-08-19

That's a very long way out to fall, upon collapsing via fainting.... a slumping body usually falls where it is, falls backwards under fainting conditions as knees give way, and drops or bounces off what it falls upon within a short distance, even in a 10ft fall. That's a rather strange display of body condition, under such circumstances..... is this for real, or a publicity stunt. Eitherway, I'm glad she didn't suffer, and the guards displayed super training and alertness!

Edit: there are times I've used the BTS when not busy, and stood at the front of the arrow (the get in one)... and guard has appeared and motioned move back. One gets a bit peeved... thinking, well I'm not stupid.. which, of course, is wrong. The guards are very good on the system, and do have understanding of the dangers... I wish it was like that at all stations AND INSIDE all trains....

Edited by DrLom
  • Like 1

I have always wonder if there is electric current flowing within the steel tracks.

Electricity is supplied by the elevated "rail" in the center.

It's covered, so does that mean the current runs through cables which are insulated, so that current is not exposed onto the steel casing ?

Or is there any part on the tracks where the current is exposed ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I have always wonder if there is electric current flowing within the steel tracks.

Normally the running rails carry a signal current , a couple of Volts , its the rail on the outside that carries the real juice , normally 440 ish, you have to make a good earth but it will kill you without a doubt

Cause of fall is too much attention given to the smartphone?

Read the article, she fainted

How can one faint and fall off the platform, unless one is standing at the edge, beyond the yellow line.

how tall are you? measure half that distance - now fall over. see if you cover that distance. lol

The electric current is not on the wheel tracks, but on the gray track in the middle of the lanes and protected by a cover accessible only from bellow.... see the picture

post-210601-0-76301100-1408439048_thumb.

So you have never been on the BTS? It is clear to see that the electrical supply is in the shrouded raised trunking along side the rails it is not possible to fall on the live busbars.

Interesting to note that some TV members were saying that installing barriers and gates at every station was a waste of money and when has anyone ever fallen on the tracks.

wasn't me. But I do ask why do they have them at ALL stations? Surely cannot be a cost issue.

But then again, escalators and lifts seemed to be designed by the same way. Some have them, some don't.