Grand Palace Hours

yberry

I'm told Dusit Hall and Coronation Hall are closed on weekends (Sat, Sun). Can't confirm this anywhere else - official website indicates hours "daily 9-4." Wat Phra Kaow hours are "daily 8-4."

We want to go inside some of the buildings at the Palace/Temple compoung. Anyone know what buildings we would be prohibited from entering on a Saturday?

By the way, our preferred date is Saturday, 30 September.

hmmm Yeah Tutsi ... no need to go to the Grand Palace or other cutural sites ..... stay in a hotel room until the bars open ... then .... :o

Really ... DO GO .. it's a great place to visit .. I go almost every year in March and catch the student art show across the street at the Uni .. great day!

Edited by jdinasia

hmmm Yeah Tutsi ... no need to go to the Grand Palace or other cutural sites ..... stay in a hotel room until the bars open ... then .... :o

Really ... DO GO .. it's a great place to visit .. I go almost every year in March and catch the student art show across the street at the Uni .. great day!

get outta here...I don't wanna discourage anyone...just be prepared when your're looking for a 'cultural experience'...

what''s wrong with hotel swimming pools, tv and cuddly relatives? (where's my vodka, godammit...)

(tutsi is supervised at all times...'meh...meh...uncle tutsi sure does snore loudly...')

• 2 weeks later...
the Grand Palace tour is about 2-3 hours...and not suitable for kids less than 12 y.o., especially in the hot sun.

I'd rather the hotel swimming pool or cuddled up with the nieces watching tv in the hotel room in A/C comfort...

Hello Tutiwarrior

Does wheel chair allows in the palace tours? How much for each?

Thanks

the Grand Palace tour is about 2-3 hours...and not suitable for kids less than 12 y.o., especially in the hot sun.

I'd rather the hotel swimming pool or cuddled up with the nieces watching tv in the hotel room in A/C comfort...

Hello Tutiwarrior

Does wheel chair allows in the palace tours? How much for each?

Thanks

not wheel chairs but a wheel barrow or some such device...we got one and the nieces pushed me about in the hot sun, not good for those that want the cultural experience...too many steps goin' in an' out of wats to see emerald buddhas

but seriously, I found the tour a bit of an ordeal, being old, fat and diabetic and the kids being 12 y.o. and under were feeling the strain as well. Just be prepared to walk about for 2 hours or so in the sun bound up within a swirling mass of tourists...

if I had the place to myself and some porters and sedan chairs and a thermos fulla vodka and grapefruit juice I would have enjoyed it more...

me for the hotel swimming pool with a pinya vodcollada with a little umbrella and the kids splashing merrily about in the water...