Witness Signature On Contract Unhder Thai Law.

In a situation in which a contract is signed by all relevant paties but not signed by 2 witnesses. Is this contract valid under Thai law?

What legal problems can occur in this case or can the contact even be declared invalid?

Surprised to see that nobody has an answer to this question so far...

To explain, family of my girlfriend signed a contract to sell property in north Thailand. Buying party is a Thai girl and her farang boyfriend. Preliminary contract was signed and deposit paid.

Term to change preliminary contract into final purchase contract has passedc and family want to make the purchase invalid due to the term being passed.

When I saw the papers related to this contract it showed that both parties signed and 1 witness. Other witness signature was not placed.

As I am not know with Thai law to that extend I asked above question. Would like to inform her family as much as possible before they contact a laywer. I do not want to be seen as being involved behind the scene...

Surprised to see that nobody has an answer to this question so far...

To explain, family of my girlfriend signed a contract to sell property in north Thailand. Buying party is a Thai girl and her farang boyfriend. Preliminary contract was signed and deposit paid.

Term to change preliminary contract into final purchase contract has passedc and family want to make the purchase invalid due to the term being passed.

When I saw the papers related to this contract it showed that both parties signed and 1 witness. Other witness signature was not placed.

As I am not know with Thai law to that extend I asked above question. Would like to inform her family as much as possible before they contact a laywer. I do not want to be seen as being involved behind the scene...

Witnesses signatures are not required for a contract to be formed. However if a date for completion has passed, and it was included specifically within the contract, there is a breach if the delay was not the fault of your girlfriend's family. The deposit is not refundable if this is the case. Of course I do not know the details of why the contract has not been fulfilled.