Old style lock - key tooth broke off inside it. Any suggestions?

EBlair48

Help ! I have a display cabinet with an old style lock that froze up and I broke the tooth part of the key inside it anyone have a suggestion as how to pick such a lock or how to retrieve the broken off part?

Actually the lock was broken before I even tried to unlock it. I think someone tried to break into the cabinet last time I was traveling and had a house sitter- as the guiding pin was no longer straight .( It worked fine the day before I left. )

After I got the pin straight, the lock was frozen. I sprayed lubricant in and I guess just put too pressure on the key, and the tooth part snapped.. I cannot see the part.

The one locksmith I can find will not touch it as he's afraid of breaking the glass.

If the glass need to be broken out so be it , it can be replaced but I will still need the lock removed and replaced.

Thanks

^ Thanks but I can't see the broken bit. I called the locksmith back and we will simply have to break the glass and install a new lock then replace the glass. Iv'e sold the piece and am expecting a mover will be coming in a few days to pick it up..

Guess I won't be using that house sitter again, I noticed a few books are gone, too. Wonder what else she helped herself to. Thank fully I put valuables in the bedroom which has a deadbolt lock