Coconut Flour

timber

Since you seek it for health reasons, may I suggest you do some research first.

For example, it helps in weight loss only because it is high in dietary fibre....you have to weigh that advantage against it's high fat content. Mind you it is cholesterol free...a plus.

"Flour" may be a bit misleading. Coconut powder would be more accurate IMHO.

It is gluten free and so you won't be able to make any decent sort of bread. It's very low in carbs..which may be good for weight loss, but I don't think you'll be able to make scones or pancakes.

If you want delicious high fibre food, use okra (thai kratiab) in all vege dishes. I love it. Chllies raise the metabolism which helps weight loss.

I lost 15kg in 6 weeks with a daily brisk 30 minute walk and cutting out sugar completely.. Combined with lots of fibre and a reduction in carbs, I ate fatty meat and fried foods (because I love them) with no restriction. As long as I got my vege fibre. Lots of chillie. I drank rum or bourbon with water. And that's it. And have kept it off for 8 years now without any particular excersise or diet, except to stay away from sugar and maintain good levels of fibre.

They feed it to the pigs. You can go to a market and see them squeezing the cream out of the flesh, just ask them for the leftover stuff. When this is dried its what they call coconut flour . I've done it. the problem is that it isnt very clean there are lots of pieces of the hull or shell mixed in.