Shopping Malls in Bang Saray

Burl Ives

We've heard these rumors over the years. Our village manager is tied in with some of the local politicians pretty well. He lives in Ban Amphur. The last rumor we heard was a big store being built where the fresh market is on Suk just past the lights in Ban Amphur. But that was well over a year ago.

We also heard the rumor of a big mall down here. I'll check with him to see if he's heard anything new.

A big shopping center down here would be nice. Save the long drive into Pattaya. I'd like to say it would avoid the traffic also, but Suk is packed now all the way to Bang Saray! Especially during rush hours.

We've heard these rumors over the years. Our village manager is tied in with some of the local politicians pretty well. He lives in Ban Amphur. The last rumor we heard was a big store being built where the fresh market is on Suk just past the lights in Ban Amphur. But that was well over a year ago.

We also heard the rumor of a big mall down here. I'll check with him to see if he's heard anything new.

A big shopping center down here would be nice. Save the long drive into Pattaya. I'd like to say it would avoid the traffic also, but Suk is packed now all the way to Bang Saray! Especially during rush hours.

And the more houses and condos get built, the more rumors you will hear :-)

And the more houses and condos get built, the more rumors you will hear :-)

Several of his "rumors" have panned out....one that didn't was due to land acquisition costs, from what I understand. I guess a big name hospital was looking at a spot of land down here for a new place. Didn't work out. But their representatives did meet with some locals about purchasing a big chunk of land. No rumor there...

He told us of a new Big C being built. We were all excited! It was just that small store across from the Ambassador. I guess everybody has their own definition of "big"! 555555

• Like 1

A real sized Tesco would be a good first step!!

Tesco...........maybe better than nothing, but with poorest selection of foreigner items of all the supermarkets. I only ever use them in Pattaya for specific items on promotion.

• Like 1