Mimosa Entrance Fee

Pattayaparadise

I know this has been discussed previously, but I wondered if the entrance fee's at Mimosa have risen? I would like to head down there this evening, so I gave them a call to find out how much the entrance fee's are as I won't pay high prices to look at a few shops. On my first phone call, the girl hung up on me due to her non-existent English skills. On my 2nd phone call, she shouted down the phone 600 BAHT.

600 baht? If they are charging 600 baht entrance, I doubt this place will be in business for long. Has anyone been there recently? And if so, how much was the entrance fee for both foreign & Thai? I can produce both Thai Driving license and work permit if needed. I don't appreciate paying inflated tourist prices just because I'm Western, when I pay tax to the Thai government.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1

We went there a couple of nights ago. Prices:

600 THB for non-Thai

180 THB for Thai and any farrang with a Thai driving licence

My wife and I enjoyed it; the show was actually quite good (in places) and we had fun doing the mock photos inside the 'art area'. The exhibition of 'monsters of the deep' (exotic fish) was also quite impressive, let down by how small some of the tanks were.

Enjoy :-)

We went there a couple of nights ago. Prices:

600 THB for non-Thai

180 THB for Thai and any farrang with a Thai driving licence

My wife and I enjoyed it; the show was actually quite good (in places) and we had fun doing the mock photos inside the 'art area'. The exhibition of 'monsters of the deep' (exotic fish) was also quite impressive, let down by how small some of the tanks were.

Enjoy :-)

Thank you BoonToong!

Geez, 600 baht. That's a bit steep! Don't mind paying 180 though.

Will head down there this evening, hope I'm not too late!

• Like 1

Seemingly, if resident in the large hotel opposite, entrance is free!

I for one would not pay 600 Baht entrance fee!

What about the cost of entering Pattaya floating market, I understand that the entrance fee there has risen. Can anyone verify that?

This place must be subsidized by Thai taxpayers. Otherwise, why do Thais pay 180Bt. and guests pay 600Bt..?

That's fair.

Business model which could be used to attract returning customers (cheaper price for Thai - Residents who live nearby and may come again) and charge one-time customers the amount they are will to pay for this as a 1-time experience.

Hotels, airlines, supermarkets ... all have their ways to increase customer loyalty.

I have been past this place on several occasions and was going to put a post in regarding what it was all about. Now I see that you have to pay to have a look around some shops and see a show I don't want to see.

A big thank you to TV Pattaya peeps for informing me about same I shall in future give it a wide berth as I do to all the Pattaya places that you have to pay anything upfront.

• Like 1

Theres really nothing to see inside, some shops and restaurants , I went there one time and never again.

Agree 100%, went there once before they started charging and it wasn't even worth the free entrance!!

"Fun" fact: If Thai mom takes the half Thai child, they both pay Thai prices. If foreigner (whitey) takes the half Thai child, the child is charged as a foreigner.*

*Based on some reports. Your mileage may vary based on racial inclination and amount of somtam ingested by cashier. Welcome to the land of Smiles....wai2.gif

Edited by jackvale
  • Like 1

Just a quick update.

Went to Mimosa, 150 baht each entrance fee for us (1 Western, 1 Thai). I was NOT asked for my Thai driving license. Nor did they try to charge me 600 baht.

Rather confusing!

To be honest, I would have rather sat at home and watched paint dry. Boring show, shops were nothing special. The only thing I enjoyed was the food court, I found the prices of the food very reasonable.

If you're going to head down there, beware of the ladyboys wandering around after the show forcing you to take pictures with them and then demanding tips.

The only thing I enjoyed was the food court, I found the prices of the food very reasonable.

I went to the food court once when Mimosa was still free and found it good. I would willingly go and eat there again but obviously not as long as there is any sort of entrance fee. The rest of the place was devoid of any merit.

I'm not sure which I find more extraordinary: that a place that sells things should have an entrance charge, or that people should pay the entrance charge in order to be allowed to spend even more. Very odd.