Flight mileage awards.

zabaleta

thoughts on best airline's for accruing and using award miles flying from the UK please...

i know some airlines (i.e thai) offer flights in a certain class with no mileage accrual although some people have said a few of the middle east carriers award miles in every class.

thanks for replies in advance.

that is a very complex topic indeed. two year back or so, there have been several Airlines flying from Asia to Europe that awarded 100% of the miles. Sri Lankan still did so until they joined ONEWORLD earlier this year, now they are down to 50% for most cheapo booking classes.

THAI gave ZERO miles for the cheap booking classes V and W, which most tourist tickets are, and that was the reason why I stopped not only collecting miles with ROYAL ORCHID PLUS, but avoiding THAI entirely. I then concentrated to earn miles on a European carrier of which I have a credit card, so the miles never expire. This carrier has since 1st of jan this year again devaluated the miles and now only gives 25% of the miles flown on cheap booking classes. many other European carriers (BA, KLM, AF, Finnair) do so since quite some time.

I don't think there are any (reputable) carriers left that give you the full 100%.

If you get 50%, you should be happy. Sri Lankan, Malaysian give 50% on their cheapest classes at this moment. Thai and most European carriers give just 25%

No good times for frequent flyers these days, unless you are flying every week for business or so...... that's the type of pasenger the airlines love.

• Like 1

that is a very complex topic indeed. two year back or so, there have been several Airlines flying from Asia to Europe that awarded 100% of the miles. Sri Lankan still did so until they joined ONEWORLD earlier this year, now they are down to 50% for most cheapo booking classes.

THAI gave ZERO miles for the cheap booking classes V and W, which most tourist tickets are, and that was the reason why I stopped not only collecting miles with ROYAL ORCHID PLUS, but avoiding THAI entirely. I then concentrated to earn miles on a European carrier of which I have a credit card, so the miles never expire. This carrier has since 1st of jan this year again devaluated the miles and now only gives 25% of the miles flown on cheap booking classes. many other European carriers (BA, KLM, AF, Finnair) do so since quite some time.

I don't think there are any (reputable) carriers left that give you the full 100%.

If you get 50%, you should be happy. Sri Lankan, Malaysian give 50% on their cheapest classes at this moment. Thai and most European carriers give just 25%

No good times for frequent flyers these days, unless you are flying every week for business or so...... that's the type of pasenger the airlines love.

I think dat Turkish airlines give 100% of the miles

wrong again. It all depends on the FareCLASS you book in- the more epxensive ones will give 100% or simetimes even more. As above: its simply too complex to tell all, it changes all the time-go to a dedicated forum like flyertalk. Also: do not stare you blind on those miles-they do not give free flites-you still pay the taxes and (if possible with your brains) do some math if not simple booking the cheapest that you like will work out better in the whole run when flying often. The better freebies are not free flites, but free upgrades to Bis (if counting the nr of €€ saved by doing so).

Also many more airlines are changing their system to amounts spent-not miles flown.