AirAsia Tokyo?

RAZZELL

Has anyone flown from Bkk to Tokyo on Airasia?

If you get lucky with dates it seems you can get a return flight for about 10k baht.

Do you get food on the plane?

Going to be be a very quick trip - maybe only 4 days so don't fancy paying double the price.

RAZZ

I will be making the trip soon. You only get food if you buy it. That's how AirAsia works. You pay extra for pretty much everything besides the seat on the plane. Not really sure what info you are asking for, but it is only a 6 hour flight. You can actually get round trip on promo for under 8,000 right now.

• Like 1

I find the food on Air Asia is pretty good, some interesting menu choices, and the cost is reasonable if you pre-book it

As an airline, I rate them highly as their prices are usually competitive and I am aware of how to navigate the booking system.

• Like 1

You need to book soon. They only release a handful of seats at those prices.....if you wait too long, you won't get them that cheap.

Yeah, I realise that those prices don't last long.

Need to get my skates on.

RAZZ

I will be making the trip soon. You only get food if you buy it. That's how AirAsia works. You pay extra for pretty much everything besides the seat on the plane. Not really sure what info you are asking for, but it is only a 6 hour flight. You can actually get round trip on promo for under 8,000 right now.

I don't believe the promo.

I checked the flights from CNX to Australia, and there was hardly any difference between normal and 'special'.

I checked the flights from CNX to Australia, and there was hardly any difference between normal and 'special'.

OP was asking about flights between Bangkok and Tokyo. Not sure how this is supposed to be compared to prices on flights between Chiang Mai and Australia.

• Like 1

It is not an across the board promotion AirAsia is running. They are running a few promos right now for Japan, South Korea, and a few other destinations. And they are indeed killer deals. Flights to Tokyo or Seoul from BKK for well under 4,000. I have no clue about Australia.

It is not an across the board promotion AirAsia is running. They are running a few promos right now for Japan, South Korea, and a few other destinations. And they are indeed killer deals. Flights to Tokyo or Seoul from BKK for well under 4,000. I have no clue about Australia.

they have a list of 'fly through' flights, and show CNX/KUL/OOL. The fare shown is a good discount, but it does not come up when it comes to booking the flight.

they have a list of 'fly through' flights, and show CNX/KUL/OOL. The fare shown is a good discount, but it does not come up when it comes to booking the flight.

Probably because those seats were already sold. They only release a certain number of seats at the promo price. They will continue to advertise the promo price on the home page..... But once those seats are booked, only the regular priced ones remain.

• Like 1

When Air Asia runs sales like that you have to book the tickets right away. I managed to get tickets KUL to Beijing (Tianjin) for 4000 baht when they initiated that route. The RT flight from CNX-KUL doubled the cost.

Yes, you pay for your food and drinks or bring it on with you. No big deal.

if you wait til the last minute or have no flexibility in your travel dates, Air Asia is rarely a bargain.

• Like 1