New non b visa and wp

Has anyone just got a new non b visa from London?im going back to the uk on 15th October and will get a new one then,but my wp does not run out until november 11th,can I renew it before i go because I hear that you need at least 6 months left on your wp to get a new visa!if not they only give 3 months then what happens after that,been all ok for the last 8 years getting a new one in the uk but hear they are changing rules.anyone know for sure?thanks.

A multiple entry non-b visa is not the only option. You can get one year extensions of stay at immigration based upon working.

As I said there have been reports of multiple entry non-b's being denied if you are working here. They tell people that they should get an extension.

Yes multi entry non B,that's what you need if you work in thailand!and that's what I've had for 8 years!

------------------

Your Non B visa and your Work Permit are different things.

If your visa is till valid when you stop working you can still remain in Thailand as long as your visa is still valid.

But your Work Permit expires immediately when you lose your job.

Yes it is possible to transfer your Work Permit to another job IF both of the companies you are working for agree.

But that's a different subject.

Basically, you could say that the Non B visa gets you into the country and allows you to find a job, but it is the Work Permit that allows you to work legally in country.

That's a bit of an oversimplification, but it is basically true.

It's important point to understand though that your Non B VISA does not necessarily expire if you lose, quit, or change jobs.

Your Work Permit however, can and usually does.

That's a big difference.

So still no answer i want to know if anyone has done it in the uk!

I know someone with a WP and the correct papers who was refused a One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant 'B' - applied at Hull last October before the ban on postal applications, but was refused a Multiple on reference to London by Hull.

Right ok I've been told now that I can renew my wp only 1 month before its due to expire which means that I will be in the uk while they are doing this so I cant apply for the 1 year visa until I get the new stamp in my wp for 1 year!so now my question is do i need to show the original wp to the embassy or a copy of the wp with the new stamp in it,which can be e mailed to me from thailand to the uk by my accountant! Anyone done this?

Right ok I've been told now that I can renew my wp only 1 month before its due to expire which means that I will be in the uk while they are doing this so I cant apply for the 1 year visa until I get the new stamp in my wp for 1 year!so now my question is do i need to show the original wp to the embassy or a copy of the wp with the new stamp in it,which can be e mailed to me from thailand to the uk by my accountant! Anyone done this?

In theory, there is nothing to stop you applying for a Non Immigrant 'B' Visa even with only a one month validity, as the two are not locked together per se.

Some SE Asia Consulates like Penang insist on 8 months plus WP validity, but this is not always the case at other consular facilities.

Better you have the original WP, just in case, but no reason why you can't apply with photocopies/scan printouts whilst armed with a reasonable explanation, unless that particular facility insists.

My friend had a WP with around 4 months remaining validity and was flat refused by Hull last October (quoting London),now it seems that Hull are only interested in getting one to buy a tourist visa whatever.

You could try contacting the Thai Embassy Consular Facility in London and asking, would do no harm.