Where to replace iPhone 5 battery and how much?

SS1

My iPhone 5 battery lasts about 6-8 hours, even when I don't use it much. Where would you recommend me to go and get the battery replaced? It doesn't need to be an authorised dealer since it's out of warranty already.

I was thinkin Pantip plaza since I'm going there anyways tonight, but wondering if anyone could recommend a specific store and how much would it normally cost? In the UK at an Apple store I think it's £55 (about 3k baht)

Cheers,

There is a recall on certain iPhone 5 batteries for free replacement. Check you phone's serial number to see if you qualify, then take it to the Apple store in Airport Plaza or Kad Suan Kaew.

Yeah I read a thread about it this morning here, but unfortunately it says I'm not eligible after I checked with my serial number.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I was at a authorised dealer in Bangkok and they would charge me 3,200 Baht to replace my iPhone 5 battery.

Seems weird that it's more expensive here than in the UK.

I went to Pantip plaza here in CM today and was offered aftermarket batteries installed at 1000 baht and 1300 in another place. The only place I found that would install an original apple battery charges 2440 baht, which still seems way too high as you can get it done for the same price in an authorised Apple store.

Edited by SS1

Be careful. My Iphone 3 went dead a couple of years ago and wouldn't take a charge for more than a couple of mins. It was fine otherwise. Store in central airport said no problem. Went back to find he had ether mistakenly disabled the audio, or was a deliberate scam. He of course had the same model refurb phone conveniently ready for purchase. My phone 'break no good'. I told him to remove his poxy new battery and refused to pay. Went to Apple and bought the new model.

Edited by iancnx

Reflash software, may not be a battery issue. (Back up important data first)

Tried this today but no help. I read in some article that you should reset it and set it up as a new iphone after, but that'd be a pain in the ass because of all the apps and data I've got on it.

Example today: Battery 100% -> 35min Skype call -> battery 40%.

Using a non Apple approved charger could also contribute to damaging your battery.

Unlike screen or broken buttons, the battery is a critical part and it's best to use Apple approved battery, so go to the official agent. The cheaper options at other places could be OK, but also could be dangerous, and even if safe, they could be old, depleted batteries, you just never know.

One cheaper option is buy your own quality battery from a trusted source, take it to the shop and watch him change it there, paying him a service fee. But this seems to me like too much hassle for a possibly small saving.

T