Phuket park successfully reclaims 'billions of baht' of land

webfact

Phuket park successfully reclaims ‘billions of baht’ of land
Darawan Naknakhon

1409743307_1.jpg
Park chief Kitipat: Any structures will be demolished.

PHUKET: -- Sirinart Marine National Park is ready to take back a total of 445 rai of encroached land – potentially worth billions of baht – after the Land Department halted upgrades from SorKor 1 to Chanote on the land involved.

Yesterday (September 2) park chief Kitiphat Tharaphiban explained that the land sits inside the boundaries of the park, and of the Khao Ruak Khao Muang Park, the precursor of Sirinart.

He explained that five parcels of land were at issue, claimed by four individuals. The would-be owners had gone to the Land Department to get the papers upgraded to full ownership.

But the applications had been opposed by park officials who argued that all the land was inside the park, and that apart from a five-rai parcel with rubber trees on it, none of the land had every been farmed.

He said that if the chanotes had been approved, the land would have a sale value in the billions of baht because it bordered on the beach, effectively giving the owners private beach frontage.

The Land Department stop the processing of the chanote request for the five rai after discovering that the claim to ownership had been based on a “flying SorKor 1” – a land paper for a different piece of land.

Sirinat officers will visit the five pieces of land and if they find any structures these will be demolished.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-park-successfully-reclaims-%E2%80%98billions-of-baht%E2%80%99-of-land-48547.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-09-04

Currently there definitely appears to be a division between the haves and have nots. All the beach bars and restaurants run by local people at the northern end (Layan beach) of Bang Tao beach have been demolished quite rightly, however the Nikki Beach club which sits right on the beach remains open for business.

• Like 1

What about Pullman, Trisara and Novotel?

Get back to me when they are Bulldozed.

Are you sure it's the same case? From my understanding, this issue is not dealing with those particular properties, but those properties are definitely being looked into.

The properties I mentioned where identified as encroaching on Nation Park land right at the very start of the clean up. They now stand as a litmus test as to whether the elite will trade on with impunity.

There have been a number of properties identified, but this article is referring to these particular plots, not all of the 3000+ rai that the encroachment encompasses. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will the removal of all encroachment occur in a day. Have some patience BTB.

• Like 1

Currently there definitely appears to be a division between the haves and have nots. All the beach bars and restaurants run by local people at the northern end (Layan beach) of Bang Tao beach have been demolished quite rightly, however the Nikki Beach club which sits right on the beach remains open for business.

Unfortunately, as I hate the place for its noise pollution, Nikki Beach is on private land, purchased from the restaurant owner immediately to the south.

How that person got a hold of beach land would be an interesting inquiry.

For now it seems Nikki is sanctioned as OK although it seems to me to be about 2 stories too tall for the zone it is in, within 50 meters of high water mark- 6 meter should be its limit.

I had a discussion a short time ago with the head permit officer at Cherng- Telay and asked about it. He did the shuffle-giggle thing and informed me that he agreed with my assessment, but did not sign off on it, 'the " Big Guy" did.'

As there seems to be no indication " Big Guy" will be held accountable in any way for the miles of beach encroachment by small businesses on his watch, in his jurisdiction ( and in the Sirinarth Park, too...,) or his possible profiting, it would seem this matter of Nikki Beach possibly violating code will be overlooked.

It has entirely ruined the natural setting of the Marine Park for hundred of meters from the loud bass line in the house music. This should have been the one beach kept natural, as it is a park, but instead it is now an open air night club.

Edited by EBlair48

Unfortunately, as I hate the place for its noise pollution, Nikki Beach is on private land, purchased from the restaurant owner immediately to the south.

How that person got a hold of beach land would be an interesting inquiry.

For now it seems Nikki is sanctioned as OK although it seems to me to be about 2 stories too tall for the zone it is in, within 50 meters of high water mark- 6 meter should be its limit.

I had a discussion a short time ago with the head permit officer at Cherng- Telay and asked about it. He did the shuffle-giggle thing and informed me that he agreed with my assessment, but did not sign off on it, 'the " Big Guy" did.'

As there seems to be no indication " Big Guy" will be held accountable in any way for the miles of beach encroachment by small businesses on his watch, in his jurisdiction ( and in the Sirinarth Park, too...,) or his possible profiting, it would seem this matter of Nikki Beach possibly violating code will be overlooked.

It has entirely ruined the natural setting of the Marine Park for hundred of meters from the loud bass line in the house music. This should have been the one beach kept natural, as it is a park, but instead it is now an open air night club.

It was also one of the last beaches where a sea turtle could nest. That is now a thing of the past as the morons at Niki shine lights down into the sea.

^ How did it get permission to house a loud outdoor disco at the entrance toa marine park ?

Here's a pic of Nikki Beach does this look like under 6 meters as is the permit level for the zone within 50 meters of high water mark ?

The rear of the building that is on a foundation probably a meter in height alone.

post-179390-0-70642300-1409982206_thumb.

The grand entrance is half the total height of the front facing the beach post-179390-0-72262900-1409982214_thumb.

Edited by EBlair48