Soldiers bust 18 'fake monks' In Suphanburi

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yea, Buddhism is not a religion and most Thais are atheists ha ha.

I'm an atheist, too. But I don't pray to anyone and/or believe if I give food to men in frocks that I'll come back rich or be exonerated of my sins. I do nice things 'cos it's nice. I want nothing in return.

Semantics. It's a religion.

+1

Another reason why I am an atheist. Religion in itself, is the concept and way of life, how we individuals should behave and treat each other. That is the real teaching.

I don't completely denounce all religions as an atheist, I still respect their existence as a religion, and absorb in the good concepts they have to teach. We need to learn to be strong and the ability to help others.

And only donate to those who really are in need.

Did cut out your post a little to keep what I believe is a big part of any religion.

The other big part is "believing".

Conclusion, you are religious....

And Atheism IS a religion smile.png

The proof is: You believe there is no god, very religiously and behave yourself well, helping those who are in need.

wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

Quite an assumption.

Believe in the known and the tangible. wai2.gifwai.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a walk in to Tukcom in Pattaya to see what money they have collected and how they spend it !!

Religion is for the gullible and those lacking common sense!

What a stupid/arrogant thing to say. You are more intelligent than 4 billion or so other people?

So monks aren't allowed to write email, make telephone calls etc?

Do you think they should remain in the dark ages?

Here's a link stating that well known fact (at least with educated people)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists-according-to-analysis-of-scores-of-scientific-studies-stretching-back-over-decades-8758046.html

That article wasn't talking about people who live in Pattaya.

More intelligent? I know there's a lot of research into whether religious people are happier than atheists, which they are. Sounds really intelligent wanting to miserable but intelligent??

Religious folk may well be happier - but that was not what the report was about - was it ?? Having a belief or a hope may well make people feel happier than those who see life for what it really is. There are also those people that are uneducated, but they are still happy. So what is your point exactly ? Do you wish to start a new thread about whether religion makes people happy - go ahead if you want to debate that....but please save that for a new thread because it is totally irrelevant to this thread - as is your last post.

Furthermore, are you suggesting that all people that reside in Pattaya ( Greater Pattaya Area ) are not intelligent ? Now - that would be a very arrogant and ignorant thing to suggest - wouldn't it ?

You really are a piece of work you aren't you. If you cannot be victorious in an argument / debate using logic and facts - then I guess you could always revert to petulance! Right on-cue again - well done - you never seem to fail with your petulance once your little rants have run their course.

Just like your avatar - run along now......and keep on running.....

I'm an atheist, too. But I don't pray to anyone and/or believe if I give food to men in frocks that I'll come back rich or be exonerated of my sins. I do nice things 'cos it's nice. I want nothing in return.

+1

Another reason why I am an atheist. Religion in itself, is the concept and way of life, how we individuals should behave and treat each other. That is the real teaching.

I don't completely denounce all religions as an atheist, I still respect their existence as a religion, and absorb in the good concepts they have to teach. We need to learn to be strong and the ability to help others.

Did cut out your post a little to keep what I believe is a big part of any religion.

The proof is: You believe there is no god, very religiously and behave yourself well, helping those who are in need.

Wrong, your flaw is indeed in believing. That is why you are religious. You put too much attention in the importance of believing if something exists to prove which group you belong to.

I don't. I don't give a eff, if there is indeed a god, or there is not a god. It really doesn't bother me. Your god can scratch my ass and massage my back, or I can have a beer with him. At the end of the day, it doesn't make a difference. It's people like you who put the true religion to shame. It is what your god teaches you, that you should learn from his wise words. But you should not praise him and make him an idol, because that is not what he truly cares about. You should not take offence if people believe in your god, or choose to disbelieve in him. Your god is a teacher, he/she only wishes that you learn to live a good life.

Conclusion:

1) I don't give a **** if there is no god, or there is a god. I rather spend my time imagining if the tooth fairy will come this year.

2) I don't behave myself well. I do what is right, because I know how to be a man. Not because someone or some idol tells me to. Not because of some negative consequences or torture after life. That is people who are cowards, doing the right things only in fear of the consequences. I don't do bad things, not because of fear, only because I know to judge what is right or wrong, not because some cartoon tells me to.

3) We are our own gods. That is what we are suppose to be in this life, the greatest person we can be in this life time. Everything done in this life, is with your own mind and your own hands. There is no wishing or praying for a better life, go watch cartoon network if you choose so.

• Like 1

These guys are no worse than many real monks. Many real monks are actually worse than these guys. It seems like every week I hear about more and more real monks in Thailand being arrested for participating in/using child sex trafficking rings.

The lesson here should be not to stop the fake monks, just stop giving your money/support away to people who you don't know what they will do with it.

I have no respect for any of these so called monks, regardless of their ranks, even high ranks.

What do they do for a living? List them.

And those things they do, can you calculate the benefits to society?

What is their cost?

Money, rice, food, diapers

People should think twice before donating anymore. To be a fool is one thing, to contribute to a foolish society is another. Make use of your money, give it to those really in need, those who lack the basics of life and are not able to get it themselves.

These monks have hands and feet, but prefer to sing songs and practice their vocal chords with their stylish costumes and consume food, instead of producing actual goodness to society.

Think twice.

• Like 2

There are many around like them.
Feel sorry mostly for the older people that believe in them and become their victims.
A problem that is very difficult to eradicate, especially in a country that people are devoted to their religion.

It's more a devotion to monks and temples than religion but that's something that's been built over a long time. Maybe there needs to be less monks and less unquestioning belief in them.

What I find a bit uncomfortable is that if I'm with my wife and we see someone begging who looks as if they really need help one or two coins are given but if it's for monks then the 100 baht notes come out. We'll even travel to temples hundreds of kilometres away to give money.

As you say it's very sad for those who have been conned and particularly the older really poor ones. The younger ones should probably do a bit more research into their own religion. My impression is that they tend to just go to temples and give something every so often and that's as far as it goes. The 5 precepts are largely ignored. The monks don't seem to be interested in teaching about Buddhism but just being looked after. Plus of course they're all men.

Very very well said.

Religion has transformed over these years, and it's more a scam business than a true religion anymore.

1) Ask anyone sincerely who goes to the temple. Walk in, make some prayers hoping for selfish reasons for wealth, health, or etc. In my opinion, a true Buddhist is already damned in this respect. Even though I am not a Buddhist, I do visit temples with friends occasionally. When I do pray, I pray for others, for everyone in this world regardless of age or race, to atleast have a shelter to sleep on and food for the tummy. Hoping this superpower can deal with the problems we humans have failed to fix.

2) When they receive a blessing from the monk, again it is selfish. First off, the blessing is fake. Second, a person's charm is another person's bad luck. If a receiver is a student, he wishes for better grades, he technically wishes to be better than another person with an advantage through blessings and causing the unblessed person to be worse off.

3) Making donations. We know who you are. Those who take out money to donate to FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES. Scum. A person about to donate 1,000 baht and the next person donates 10,000 baht, this "next person" feels he is a greater person than the first. There is so much we can do in this society, a one hour visit to the local orphanage buying a variety of snacks for the kids, visiting the blind and sharing your stories with them. If today, all donations and alms can not be given in person, but must be discreet and through postal services without names. Let's see, the donations are up or down. Very 'unbuddhist" followers. Disgusting greedy parasites. Note: I do not attack the religion itself, I attack those under it. They fail to uphold their true leader's wishes.

• Like 2

+1

Wrong, your flaw is indeed in believing. That is why you are religious. You put too much attention in the importance of believing if something exists to prove which group you belong to.

I don't. I don't give a eff, if there is indeed a god, or there is not a god. It really doesn't bother me. Your god can scratch my ass and massage my back, or I can have a beer with him. At the end of the day, it doesn't make a difference. It's people like you who put the true religion to shame. It is what your god teaches you, that you should learn from his wise words. But you should not praise him and make him an idol, because that is not what he truly cares about. You should not take offence if people believe in your god, or choose to disbelieve in him. Your god is a teacher, he/she only wishes that you learn to live a good life.

Conclusion:

1) I don't give a **** if there is no god, or there is a god. I rather spend my time imagining if the tooth fairy will come this year.

2) I don't behave myself well. I do what is right, because I know how to be a man. Not because someone or some idol tells me to. Not because of some negative consequences or torture after life. That is people who are cowards, doing the right things only in fear of the consequences. I don't do bad things, not because of fear, only because I know to judge what is right or wrong, not because some cartoon tells me to.

3) We are our own gods. That is what we are suppose to be in this life, the greatest person we can be in this life time. Everything done in this life, is with your own mind and your own hands. There is no wishing or praying for a better life, go watch cartoon network if you choose so.

Wooo...

Jumped on your high horse, vulgarity and name calling doesn't make you sound more clever...

Might wanna check sarcasm on dictionary...

And lastly: "It's people like you who put the true religion to shame": did not even mention if I was atheist or religious so that comment is pretty idiotic :)

• Like 1

These guys are no worse than many real monks. Many real monks are actually worse than these guys. It seems like every week I hear about more and more real monks in Thailand being arrested for participating in/using child sex trafficking rings.

The lesson here should be not to stop the fake monks, just stop giving your money/support away to people who you don't know what they will do with it.

I have no respect for any of these so called monks, regardless of their ranks, even high ranks.

What do they do for a living? List them.

And those things they do, can you calculate the benefits to society?

What is their cost?

Money, rice, food, diapers

People should think twice before donating anymore. To be a fool is one thing, to contribute to a foolish society is another. Make use of your money, give it to those really in need, those who lack the basics of life and are not able to get it themselves.

These monks have hands and feet, but prefer to sing songs and practice their vocal chords with their stylish costumes and consume food, instead of producing actual goodness to society.

Think twice.

I can't believe I'm reading this hatred towards Thai monks. This pair must have some serious self-esteem issues, having the need to attack the proper monks, of which there are many.

It is not an "easy life" being a monk. Having a desire to enrich oneself spiritually is commendable. I guess this pair are not walking any spiritual path.

• Like 2

And Atheism IS a religion

wai2.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

Conclusion:

Wooo...

Jumped on your high horse, vulgarity and name calling doesn't make you sound more clever...

And lastly: "It's people like you who put the true religion to shame": did not even mention if I was atheist or religious so that comment is pretty idiotic smile.png

Take your words and shove it up your own ***. Go ahead and quote name calling.

Oh and lastly: "Conclusion, you are religious...."

It doesn't matter if you mention anything, I'll just state it for you. Mirror talking much?

I can't believe I'm reading this hatred towards Thai monks. This pair must have some serious self-esteem issues, having the need to attack the proper monks, of which there are many.

It is not an "easy life" being a monk. Having a desire to enrich oneself spiritually is commendable. I guess this pair are not walking any spiritual path.

You can't believe? What a lie, when you are willing to believe in monks, what's so hard to believe in. Go ahead and keep idolizing them, I'm not stopping you. To each his own. You have your rights to believe in whatever you want, I'll believe what I want.

Proper monks, fake monks. Do let us know the difference. It's the same, requires society to provide for them, while they mumble some rap songs for us to listen to. Then afterwards, we become holy and can overcome anything in front of us.

Conclusion:

Wooo...

And lastly: "It's people like you who put the true religion to shame": did not even mention if I was atheist or religious so that comment is pretty idiotic smile.png

It doesn't matter if you mention anything, I'll just state it for you. Mirror talking much?

You can't believe? What a lie, when you are willing to believe in monks, what's so hard to believe in. Go ahead and keep idolizing them, I'm not stopping you. To each his own. You have your rights to believe in whatever you want, I'll believe what I want.

Proper monks, fake monks. Do let us know the difference. It's the same, requires society to provide for them, while they mumble some rap songs for us to listen to. Then afterwards, we become holy and can overcome anything in front of us.

You are entitled to hold your cynical view of monks but it doesn't mean for one minitue you're right. It's just your own perspective.

Although it's quite ironical that you label them as scamsters because over in another thread in this forum you reveal your passionate belief in the stock market, which you seem to pursue with a "religious like " fervor giggle.gif

Even the most novice monk could justifiably say that what you believe in and participate in 2014 represents a scam of far greater proportions than what they could be to cynics such as youself and the scam in which you participate will have a far more devastating effect on society when it all comes undonesad.png

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

Have a walk in to Tukcom in Pattaya to see what money they have collected and how they spend it !!

What a stupid/arrogant thing to say. You are more intelligent than 4 billion or so other people?

Buddhist Monks should fellow Buddha not me when I was Minster Harry the Enlighten One from Mississippi

Buddhist Monks should fellow Buddha not me when I was Minster Harry the Enlighten One from Mississippi

A Pattaya farang telling Thai Buddhist monks what they should be doing? The worrying thing is Harry probably wrote this sober.

I have credentials, including reading and writing Pali.

Buddhism is a philosophy of paths to choose to live life in a decent way, and helping others along the same path. (The 5 precepts, of which you obviosuly have disdain for the 3rd)

It is thus not a religion, as there is no ultimate deity. As for your meeting the Dalai Lama... which one was that, Ten Gyatso Zin, as there are many?

How many Phramaha have you met or taught, or Somdej Phramaha for that matter? If you'd like a conversation in Pali then PM me - we can start with kamesumicchacaara (kāmesumicchācāra, in Pali), and move on from there, as it seems you have a problem with such. I care not how many posts you've made, but your remarks regarding your own knowledge of Buddhism are remarkable, to say the least. Your kamesu and micchacara in your posting indicates a few problems with your own understanding.

I bet you don't even know what a Phramaha is, until you ask your wife!

I'd wager a LOT of money that if you asked 1000 Thais, 999 of them won't know that, or the answer to any serious question you ask them about Buddhism.

I visit "monk chats" here in Chiang Mai as often as my schedule will allow, mostly to practice unused Thai vocab but also for a laugh. It's pure comedy. Most of them have no clue what is going on and if you box them in, their only reply is, "because that's the way it is." Try it for yourself, any of you. It's a good time. Arm yourself with some real questions and have at it, you'll be happy you did. Thank me later.

Very true - indeed maybe 1 in 100,000.

How and where did they get the money to buy those things ?

Do you still believe in the tooth fairy and Father Xmas ? Seriously, I do worry about people like you ?

Do you dress up as a Gladiator before you type your crap on here ?

It's not my concern where they got their money. Once I taught a weekend MBA class at a university in Bangkok where there were 4 monks. The had laptops, mobiles and one even had 3 Dupont gold pens, he showed me as I also had one. You haven't lived in Thailand long have you or you would know the different types of monks.

Would you have them send their assignments to me by snail mail and use an abacus and slate?

What has the tooth fairy or Santa Claus got to do with Buddhism?

Neehranam, you do not make Merit Lying. Do not make allowances for those who steal from the people. Teaching a MBA class ?

Wooo...

And lastly: "It's people like you who put the true religion to shame": did not even mention if I was atheist or religious so that comment is pretty idiotic

You are entitled to hold your cynical view of monks but it doesn't mean for one minitue you're right. It's just your own perspective.

Although it's quite ironical that you label them as scamsters because over in another thread in this forum you reveal your passionate belief in the stock market, which you seem to pursue with a "religious like " fervor alt=giggle.gif>

Even the most novice monk could justifiably say that what you believe in and participate in 2014 represents a scam of far greater proportions than what they could be to cynics such as youself and the scam in which you participate will have a far more devastating effect on society when it all comes undone

I had respect for you until you decide to write the second paragraph onwards.

It is true, you can go back to my earlier posts. I have upheld each person's personal perspectives with regards to this, I think on my previous post or the one before, that each individual can believe in whatever they want to believe. Then this "cantspell" decides to be a troll, and then you were the troll after him. That's where I lost my respect for you, and no further courtesy will be given in my tone.

With regards to investing, where are you getting at? So scams is related to my passion for investing? Do you think I am selling something, or do you think the topic of investing is a scam? What do you do? Are you a worker? Good, be a worker, I could care less. Don't expect any advice from me.

You make it sound like my stance against anti scamming contradicts with investing? I'll give you a chance to explain yourself.

Then comes your last paragraph, completely out of nowhere once again. What is this scam you are talking about? Do you want me to sue you for defamation right now? Talk like a man and be straightforward, not like a useless piece of ****.

It's not my concern where they got their money. Once I taught a weekend MBA class at a university in Bangkok where there were 4 monks. The had laptops, mobiles and one even had 3 Dupont gold pens, he showed me as I also had one. You haven't lived in Thailand long have you or you would know the different types of monks.

Would you have them send their assignments to me by snail mail and use an abacus and slate?

What has the tooth fairy or Santa Claus got to do with Buddhism?

Neehranam, you do not make Merit Lying. Do not make allowances for those who steal from the people. Teaching a MBA class ?

What are you on about? I am not a Buddhist and am not lying about anything. Mind you, I'm not not a Buddhist too.

Do you really think the majority of monks are thieves? How very sad and mixed up you are if that be the case.

What part of teaching an MBA class don't you understand and I'll explain what it means.

I have credentials, including reading and writing Pali.

Buddhism is a philosophy of paths to choose to live life in a decent way, and helping others along the same path. (The 5 precepts, of which you obviosuly have disdain for the 3rd)

It is thus not a religion, as there is no ultimate deity. As for your meeting the Dalai Lama... which one was that, Ten Gyatso Zin, as there are many?

How many Phramaha have you met or taught, or Somdej Phramaha for that matter? If you'd like a conversation in Pali then PM me - we can start with kamesumicchacaara (kāmesumicchācāra, in Pali), and move on from there, as it seems you have a problem with such. I care not how many posts you've made, but your remarks regarding your own knowledge of Buddhism are remarkable, to say the least. Your kamesu and micchacara in your posting indicates a few problems with your own understanding.

I bet you don't even know what a Phramaha is, until you ask your wife!

I'd wager a LOT of money that if you asked 1000 Thais, 999 of them won't know that, or the answer to any serious question you ask them about Buddhism.

I visit "monk chats" here in Chiang Mai as often as my schedule will allow, mostly to practice unused Thai vocab but also for a laugh. It's pure comedy. Most of them have no clue what is going on and if you box them in, their only reply is, "because that's the way it is." Try it for yourself, any of you. It's a good time. Arm yourself with some real questions and have at it, you'll be happy you did. Thank me later.

Very true - indeed maybe 1 in 100,000.

What total rubbish. I know what a Phramaha is and I ain't even Thai. You know and you ain't Thai. Still if your self-esteem is improving by trying to make a fool out of Thai people and their religion, feeling superior yourself - fine.

How many Thais speak Pali like you and study scriptures? Quite a lot.