Renovation close to my room, TOO noisy View Talay 5D, please help

I have a one year contract for a room in the View Talay 5D.

I am here for 5 months but I had renovations all the time. Starting at 9pm end at 4-5pm.

It's been 3 days now that another renovation is happening just close to my room. It is impossible to stay in the room all day.

How is it possible?! I cannot re-negociate the price of the monthly rent based on the fact I cannot stay in the room in the day?

My girlfriend is sick with fever, and this noise is really horrible. How can I get out of this?

Work is limited to certain hours on working days only and the front office should have a list showing the expected duration of the work for each unit.

Unfortunately, as long as these rules are respected there is little you can do about it apart from wait patiently or leave.

Presumably this work is actually being done in rooms that have never been fitted out, of which there are quite a few in VT5D. Once the rooms have been fitted out the frequency of actual real renovations will be much less, as it is in most buildings. Always best to check what the status of nearby units is before moving in.

I must say that in the View Talay 5D more than 50% of the rooms are empty shells. It is a total nightmare.

The main problem is that the rooms are not finished like in normal countries. There is no floor and the walls are rough. So each time a customer buy a condo, you get 1-2 months of heavy duty renovation. Nothing to do like if you change the floor in our normal countries, they basically have to do what the builder didn't bother to do, like scratching the concrete on both walls and floor etc. this involves very noisy tools .

Staying in a condo long term in Thailand is a total nightmare. I have moved so many time because of these problems, and house are sometime worse, because of the dogs and the crazy people listening music like discotheque at any time of the day or night.

Thais are so <deleted> noisy, it is incredible that such a country can find so many people buying condo and properties there.

I guess I will again have to move and loose my deposit again!

Edited by Crossy

I must say that in the View Talay 5D more than 50% of the rooms are empty shells. It is a total nightmare.

The main problem is that the rooms are not finished like in normal countries. There is no floor and the walls are rough. So each time a customer buy a condo, you get 1-2 months of heavy duty renovation.

That was the way that older buildings were sold. Apart from the View Talay buildings, which still follow the same principle, most new buildings are sold "fully furnished" which does cut down on initial fitting-out noise.

Personally I prefer the old way as it means that you don't have to put up with the developer's idea of "design", most of which is just plain hideous. But it does mean that you have to do your research before moving in. VT7 currently has the same problem, as does VT8.

• Like 1

The main problem is that the rooms are not finished like in normal countries. There is no floor and the walls are rough. So each time a customer buy a condo, you get 1-2 months of heavy duty renovation. Nothing to do like if you change the floor in our normal countries, they basically have to do what the builder didn't bother to do, like scratching the concrete on both walls and floor etc. this involves very noisy tools .

Staying in a condo long term in Thailand is a total nightmare. I have moved so many time because of these problems, and house are sometime worse, because of the dogs and the crazy people listening music like discotheque at any time of the day or night.

Thais are so <deleted> noisy, it is incredible that such a country can find so many people buying condo and properties there.

I guess I will again have to move and loose my deposit again!

I've lived in Thailand for over 4 years in various condos and never had a noise problem. Maybe it's the places you live, not Thais in general. The Thais i my building are very quiet. If you knew that half the rooms were empty, why did you decide to live there?

Maybe you should take you time with the next condo and see if it;s noisy before moving in.

Seems to me that the OP should have taken into account the possible construction problem before he signed a one year lease. It is not like they hid the empty spaces from him when he went to view the apartment

I dont know about you but I cant see through closed doors. Though from the outside of the building it is fairly clear that many units dont have air-conditioners, and this is generally a sign that they havent been fitted out.

The main problem is that the rooms are not finished like in normal countries. There is no floor and the walls are rough. So each time a customer buy a condo, you get 1-2 months of heavy duty renovation.

That was the way that older buildings were sold. Apart from the View Talay buildings, which still follow the same principle, most new buildings are sold "fully furnished" which does cut down on initial fitting-out noise.

Personally I prefer the old way as it means that you don't have to put up with the developer's idea of "design", most of which is just plain hideous. But it does mean that you have to do your research before moving in. VT7 currently has the same problem, as does VT8.

I'd rather buy an empty shell as well. In most countries, developers seem to have bad taste. Also they don't seem to put things like electrical sockets and other things where they should be. In the last place I rented they had a telephone socket but no electrical socket. The owner had put their own in buy running a cable from the other side of the room. Don't developers know that people need to plug in telephones and routers to an electricity supply? Other things in odd places as well.

Seems to me that the OP should have taken into account the possible construction problem before he signed a one year lease. It is not like they hid the empty spaces from him when he went to view the apartment

I dont know about you but I cant see through closed doors. Though from the outside of the building it is fairly clear that many units dont have air-conditioners, and this is generally a sign that they havent been fitted out.

The OP admits that 50% if the condos in that building are not finished and that sure didn't take Xray vision. A quick visit to the Condo Office before signing a lease would have been due diligence and possibly could have prevented the problem in the first place

People here need to start taking responsibility for the preventable bad things that can happen and stop blaming everyone else for their misfortunes

Before I bought my condo I made several visits at different times during the day just so I would not be surprised with the conditions once I moved in

The OP admits that 50% if the condos in that building are not finished and that sure didn't take Xray vision. A quick visit to the Condo Office before signing a lease would have been due diligence and possibly could have prevented the problem in the first place[/size]

People here need to start taking responsibility for the preventable bad things that can happen and stop blaming everyone else for their misfortunes

Before I bought my condo I made several visits at different times during the day just so I would not be surprised with the conditions once I moved in

I checked my building also before moving in. But as I mentioned, the internal state of the units is not at all obvious from the corridor and 5D is one of the rare modern buildings (well, 6 years old or more) in which the units are sold as shells, and this isn't at all obvious if you dont happen to know it. I dont suppose that many people consider this when looking at VT7 and VT8 either.

Another comment: currently there is renovation on the 22nd floor. I live on the 19th floor on the other side of the hall. I can hear the pounding and drilling like it is right above me.

This is an unfortunate side-effect of the way modern concrete condos are built. They are strong but they do transmit vibration throughout the structure.

There was someone renovating in my building a week or so ago and I could hear the noise coming from directly above my unit. I looked at the renovation permit list and there was nothing indicated for that floor at all, so I wandered around and discovered that the work was actually happening 3 floors below mine but the noise was coming from above, having been transmitted through the pillars.

That said, this was the first time in 3 years that I have been disturbed by renovation noise. It lasted about 3 days, but only between about 10am and 4pm.

It could be a lot worse,the renovations will stop in time,

if you had a karaoke belting out crap music all night,

then you would have cause for complaint.Thailand must

be one of the noisiest countries in the world,just go to any

mall, and hear the battling loud speakers,trying to get their

messages across, ear plugs sound (pardon the pun) the

cheapest and easiest way for relief..

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1